Help me with Lord of the rings:Battle for the middle earth 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjodh

Broken In
Hi guys,
I have Lord Of the Rings Battle for the middle earth 2 demo.I like the game and would soon like to buy its full version provided it runs on my pc .my problem is that the game does not run properly on my system.it installs alright and it goes well upto the main screen and even gives progress percent on loading of skirmish campaign or of tutorials but then the game exits to the desktop and instead a message appears on my screen that says that game.dat has encountered a serious error and asks me to send an error report to microsoft.
I have windows xp sp2 proffessional with amd athlon 64 3000+ and asus a8vmx with via k8m800 chipset.it is unning on integrated graphics.i tried downloading demo from various sources but to no avail.However the same deoms run perfectly fine on my friends' pcs.
Attached is the directx diag report.
Please help me ASAP.I want to give the game a go really soon.
Thanking You in anticipation .
Yours Sincerely,
Ranjodh Dhaliwal,

shaunak

Tux Fan
It is most Probably your graphic system.
> get your drivers updated form the company website
> check if your graphic card meets the minimum system requirement
> in case you are on on board then forget the game :rolleyes:
ps: it may work on some onboards, imm not saying no. If your boards intel then check the intel game compatibility list.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Yup. 'Tis a graphics issue. Hope you read the System Requirements in the readme.txt file as suggested by someone above.

I bought the Collector's Edition DVD and played the game on my system with 128MB video memory & 1GB of RAM. The game really comes alive and you'll like it if you're an LotR fanatic. Hope you get to play it, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom