dfizams

May be tomorrow
My current PC configuration is
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 260 Processor
CPU Speed: 3.2 GHz
RAM: 3.1 GB
Video Card: GeForce 210

I had played all COD [except BO II], Medal of honour 2010, bulletstorm, Dead Space 1&2 etc with good graphic quality. I am planning to upgrade so I can play latest games like COD Black ops 2, MOH warfighter, BF3 this December. Budget upto 20,000. So please suggest what need to be upgraded and with what. I am not looking for a high end rig.

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, if you buy a very high end card like HD 7850 then there is a chance of high bottleneck as your CPU is not capable of handling such a high end card. 1st specify what is the resolution you are using for gaming and what PSU or SMPS you are using. If it a generic SMPS from Frontech, Intex etc then that needs to be changed along with the Gfx card update.

OP
D

dfizams

May be tomorrow
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
My current PC configuration is

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 260 31 °C Regor 45nm Technology
RAM: 4.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: BIOSTAR Group N68S3B (CPU 1) 34 °C
Graphics: LEN L171 (1280x1024@75Hz) 1024MB GeForce 210 (Undefined) 51 °C
Hard Drives: 500GB Western Digital WDC WD80 0JD-08MSA1 SCSI Disk Device (ATA)
Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N ATA Device
Audio: NVIDIA High Definition Audio

I had played all COD [except BO II], Medal of honour 2010, bulletstorm, Dead Space 1&2 etc with good graphic quality. I am planning to upgrade so I can play latest games like COD Black ops 2, MOH warfighter, BF3 this December. So please suggest what need to be upgraded and with what. I am not looking for a high end rig.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:Rs 10,000-15,000 (Max 20,000)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 32 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Not a problem [80gb + 500gb + 1 tb]

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No.
Monitor 1: Lenovo L171 17” NATIVE RESOLUTION 1280 x 1024
Monitor 2: Samsung LED HD TV 32” UA32EH5000

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: All components except Graphic card. (I am willing to buy new processor and least motherboard only if absolutely needed)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:preferably Dec 2012,I can wait till jan/feb 2013

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Not a full desktop. I am planning to assemble myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Vellore, Tamil Nadu. I am open to buying online (my choice of shopping).

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: My gaming experience of the games mentioned above with my current configuration is acceptable to me. And thank you all for helping me and for the quick reply too:razz:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then get the following:-
MSI AMD R7770-2PMD1GD5 (HD 7770 1GB GDDR5) 8.3K (Check Flipkart)
Corsair CX 430V2 SMPS @ 2.6K

Total: 10.9K

Save the rest of the money for a Processor and Motherboard upgrade. The 1st problem is if you go with any higher Graphics card, your CPU will not be able to handle the card, resulting huge GPU bottleneck. The 2nd Problem is your Motherboard, which a very cheap and outdated chipset and can't handle any new Processors.
With the saved Money, get:-
Intel Pentium G645 @ 3.5K
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard @ 4.3K

Top Bottom