Help me to lean Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Help me to learn Linux

Hello friends....
I have always used windows.. But now I want to also learn Linux.

Please suggest me a basic Linux OS to start with. I don't want to install linux now, so... please suggest me a Linux OS that can run from live CD. Also please give me download link of live CD.

Thanks,

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Sure, you are webhost dude!! you should master linux for success in your business ! good decision!

Start off with Ubuntu! As always, I recommend the same. Just download it and run as live CD. It connects to web right away!

But to learn linux you have to install !

After installing just use the GUI and install apps and get used to environment !
That should end for basic users.

But you don't stop here, start the basics of command line, with the help of a good hard copy of a text book. Then also check out online forums, articles and blogs. This way you are sure to become an expert in linux!!

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Also mastering and loving linux is about understanding the working and architecture of the Linux/unix OS. You will definitely enjoy learning all this! Then you also need to know basic C/C++ programming ! so that you can write small programs and appreciate the open source ideas/movement. Its going to take time, but its worth it.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Start by going through the FAQ thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91680

in the Open Source section of this forum before you ask FAQs.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
I started with Ubuntu...and guys here in TDF was really helpful :)

ya ravi, in hosting business Linux knowledge will really be great helpful, you don't hav to depend on others for that always...this was the same reason wat got me to learn linux in the first place :p

Aspire

Padawan
Re: Help me to learn Linux

Hello friends....
I have always used windows.. But now I want to also lean Linux.

Please suggest me a basic Linux OS to start with. I don't want to install linux now, so... please suggest me a Linux OS that can run from live CD. Also please five me download link of live CD.

Thanks,

Try
www.linuxhelp.net

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
start with ubuntu......i started with it and posting this msg using it....and do make ur own thread and post problems n ask helps in that.....just i did...nd learning till now!!!
always dig other threads......here's mine......*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107547
this contains general problems one find while starting 4m scratch.....all the best....!!! :)

I found this site (linoob.com) which is great for beginners, especially on Ubuntu (and I think it's maintained by a forum member, though I'm not sure who)

*www.linoob.com/

The tutorials are done in Ubuntu, though the steps/methods are similar to almost all distros :)

BTW you can download Ubuntu from :*www.ubuntu.com/ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom