Help me to buy a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
hello all,
i am a doctor. and i will be posted for the rural duties in villages for 1 year from the next month.
i am preparing for my PG entrance exams. so, i will need a laptop to carry my studies there with my e-books...
so, i will need a laptop with:
1. very good battery life coz there may be power cuts in villages.
2. a good net connection.
i dont a too much of a high end system: just a good display, and around 200 GB hard drive will do...but a Good battery is the most important..
thanks in advance

Mr.Digital

Broken In
You can buy DELL Inspiron or Studio 15 or 17. Its worth buying.

It is available in 2.2GHz C2D,4GB RAM,320GB HDD,etc.........stuff,& more over better battery backup. At least for 6Hrs continuous (my past experience).

Always prefer laptops of (prioritized):-
1.DELL
2.SONY
3.IBM
4.HP
5.COMPAQ

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
what's your budget.

My suggestion would be a Dell Studio 15 with a 9 cell battery that can give power for 4 to 5hrs straight on battery.

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

hey come on buddies,
i need dont need a high end system just for viewing ebooks-> PDF and CHM files + Movies + internet..dell will burn my pocket badly!!...
i want lappys in range in 35K
thanks

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
That is why I asked for budget.

Check Dell Inspiron 1555 then. you can get it for 35k.

Also, you can check Acer Aspire 5537 for 31k and sony vaio W netbook for 30k (10.1" display)

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

hello desibond:
1. i read some some reviews on Dell inspirion 1555...they said its a good one-> good battery, around 300 GB hardrive...but they said its low on the graphics format and also too heavy..
2. i cudnot not get any reviews for Acer Aspire 5537..
3. sony vaio W netbook- i wont go for it..it has a small screen , thats a major setback for me, also i read somewhere that it doesnt have an optical drive!!

plz post some links where i myself can see for myself the specifications of lappys upto 35K range..
thanks in advance

Tamoghno

Padawan
I'd say go for dell and opt for optional 9 cell battery. Dont worry about portability too much since you're probably not gonna carry laptop everywhere. If you need portability than go for netbooks with 6cell battery.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
for your budget of 35k, I think Inspiron is the best bet.

btw, what do you mean by low graphics format. For the budget of 35k, you won't get a blazing fast graphics card and the onboard GPU is more than enough for internet and downloads.

It can play HD videos too.

coming to Acer, it is 5738G actually. sorry for the wrong model number.

*www.newtechnology.co.in/acer-aspire-5739g-pricespecifications/

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

thankks desiibond, power_8383, Tamoghno.

@desibond: by graphics format, i meant that it was low for gaming purposes, but that isnt a point of concern for me?
i will go for dell inspiron,
and how about the after sales service?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Dell has been a bit scratchy these days but still they are much better than Acer's and other brands.

Only brands like Sony, Apple beat Dell support in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom