Help me select a laptop please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamall

Right off the assembly line
I need a laptop around which i wouldn't have to change for about 3 years.
Could go upto Rs. 60000 but would prefer saving.

Mostly i intend to some small scale graphics designing, video editing and programming as i'm an engineering student. i need a stylish laptop which stands out mainly, but with a bit of power but don't need a high end system as i already have a high end desktop which cost me around 1 lakh

from the dell site i had selected the studio 15 laptop and customised it. the config is : i5-540M processor, 4GB DDR3, customised outer design, 320 GB HDD, 512MB ATI mobile radeon 4570.

But do i need the i5? will i3 be sufficient so that i could run the most graphics and video applications that might come out in the next 2 years?

i couldn't find any other laptops which has the new technologies available in india.

Also should i wait for laptops with USB 3.0 to come out? and will there be a price decrease in April due to budget?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

as of now, other brands like HP, Sony vaio and Acer are offering alot lot (and i mean a lot more) at a really reduced price wen compared to DELL laptops (i myself am a DELL Fan)..so dont go on and suggest a DELL buddy, .... (no hard feelings).. :)

Ok, so the CONFIRMED news tat i got from a Sony Vaio laptop executive tat Sony are gonna launch a new laptop with the following specs around 25th feb, 2010. It will be an E Series notebook at a price range of 50K INR (incl. of taxes) with 1GB Dedicated Graphics, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM and a Core i3 processor and Win 7 (64bit) OS and will arrive at Croma (Malad, Mumbai store) by 1st week of March, 2010

secondly, Acer 5740G is a gr8 gr8 laptop (i jus dnt like its finish, but tats a personal opinion) at Rs. 41K with Core i3-330M proc, 512mb ATi Mobility radeon 5470, win 7 (64bit) OS, 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM.

Thirdly, look at HP's DV6-2155TX priced at Rs. 56K with Core i3-330MN proc, nVIDIA Geforce GT 230M, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM, Win 7 OS (32bit)
-------------------

then comes Sony Vaio at Rs.58K with core i5-520M (2.4Ghz), 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, WIn 7 (64bit) OS nVIDIA GT 330 gpu (512mb)
-----------------

U hv got sum amazing options dude, so plz think carefully and wisely, (as im also planning to buy a lappy to im surveying hard and i mean real hard. so i hope my inputs will help u too....) :)

Plz note: i went to Croma Malad (Mumbai store) Today and got all these info, so its all accurate with the price and specs too.. :)
------------
as per ur requirement, get a lappy with good processor, (a core i5 is certainly better than core i3) corei3 and i5 both are based on 32nanometer fabrication and also has the same cores/threads (2cores/4threads) and also the same cache (3mb for both i3 and i5)

the only difference is the Processor speed and i5 has TURBO BOOST feature, so i5 is better than i3... :)

but then again, using turbo boost will increase the speed of processor but also will drain the lappy battery faster.. :)
------------

If u want, i will post pics of the SPECIFICATIONS of core i3 and i5.... :)
------------

Cheers n e-peace....

OP
I

iamall

Right off the assembly line
thanks dude.. i'll check the sony out. But as i mentioned, finish is also a matter. That takes out the acer.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yaa agreed, Acer is totally out (also in my case too...) ..lol.. dude u wanna check out the finish, jus goto the U.S site of Sony Vaio and search for E Series... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom