help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitenderkkr

Right off the assembly line
hi friends
im facing a problem.i bought a geforce fx5700 (XFX, 256mb) card now when i installed the drivers of it my tvtuner card is not running tv as usually it did before. My PC hangs when i start the tv on PC. Im using AMD 1700+ ,ASUS A7N266 motherboard and 128 Mb of memory with samsung DVD combo drive,SAMTRON 14'' monitor and PINNACLE PCTV TUNER CARD.
thanx in advance for ur help.

geek_rohit

In the zone
I think there is a driver conflict in your system. Open the device manager. See the properties of your card and see if there is a drivers conflict between your card and the tuner. If there is no conflict try reinstalling the drivers of you tuner card. Also I would like to know the price at which you got your GFX card.

swatkat

Technomancer
Verify that the TV Tuner card is securely seated in the PCI slot. Removing and reseating the card can help.

Some software, such as MSN Messenger, ICQ, Yahoo Messenger, and Norton LiveUpdate, can interfere with the Tuner card. Try shutting down those programs.

Check this--->Make sure the PCI TV card is using an independent IRQ. Try moving the card to another PCI slot.

Check your motherboard BIOS settings, as follows:
Assign IRQ to VGA — ENABLE
PCI Master 0 Write — DISABLE
IRQ activate by — Level
PCI Peer Concurrency — DISABLE
CPU to PCI write buffer — DISABLE
PCI Latency Timer — a higher value can help image quality

*www.comprousa.com/support/faq/tvcard.htm

nvidia said:
Have you got an IRQ conflict with Graphics Card and another card in your system? The only device that can have the same IRQ is the 'IRQ Holder for PCI Steering'. If so, try assigning a different IRQ to that slot in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom