Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My home computer has the following config,

>P4 2.0GHZ
>512 MB DDR RAM
>Zebronics 7300GT 512MB AGP 8x Graphic Card
>MSI PM8M-V Motherboard
>Dell S2409W LCD Monitor (1980*1080 @ 60HZ)

I want to install Windows XP on this machine but the problem is the CD drive doesn't boots the media. The drive is new but it doesn't works good as I think the SATA support on my motherboard has gone bad, so I have connected it in IDE mode in BIOS. It boots sometimes while doesn't at times. Is there any way to install the OS via other way? I have tried making bootable pendrive but it didn't worked. Please post a way to install XP or any other Linux OS on this computer.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Did you tried connecting the SATA cable to some other port??
You said you tried making bootable pen drive. I think you followed the wrong way. See this thread *www.msfn.org/board/installing-windows-xp-usb-pen-drive-t61049.html

Even search in thinkdigit, there are many thread describing this how to.

Although you can try Linux Mint 8, Ubuntu 9.10. You can order an ubuntu cd online if you dont want to donwload. *shipit.ubuntu.com/

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My motherboard has 2 sata ports & both of them seems to have gone kaput. I'll once again try making the bootable PD. The link you gave doesn't links to any article but links to page with many articles.

Will this work : *www.geekpolice.net/tutorials-guides-f13/how-to-install-windows-from-a-flash-drive-t17075.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom