Help me guys in making laptop decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techinator

Broken In
Hi guys

I am planning to get a lappy. my budget is 50-60K. On the basis of valueable information provided by digit and the internet i have found two models suitable.

Acer 4602WLNCi
1.73GHz, 256MB RAM (will upgrade to 512), 60 GB HDD, ATi X600, DVD dual drive, Bluetooth WLAN, etc

and the other is

Dell Inspiron 6000
1.6 GHz, 256 MB, 40 GB HDD, ATi X300, Combo drive, etc.

By configuration Acer almost seems to be better and i was a bit inclined towards it but i saw the name of Dell Inspiron 6000 at many places on the Internet.

Please give any reviews of the two. Also suggest apart from these two under the budget.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Since both are reputable companies you should find out how easily upgradable and repairable they are. And also the availability of quick service.

OP
T

Techinator

Broken In
Thanks tech_your_future for the valueable advice.

Also There is a correction in the config of Acer 4602.

The graphics subsystem is ATi Mobility Radeon X700 with 64 MB dedicated VRAM.

Any body with Acer lappys please tell your views about the basic build of the products and your satisfaction level.

hummer

Journeyman
i had a acer travel mate with celeron 1.4ghz. the sevice is good. the quality of keys are just about k. but the prob was it had a front loading combo drive. i hated it.but the service is good and very much available across the country.no probs in 1yr that i kept it.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
pal i hav never used Acer or Dell but as just now i bought a new laptop so from last 1 month i hav gone through almost evry model one of my frnd has the same acer model u r talkin bout he about that for 63k bout a month bak including tax if i m not wrong at the same time my cousin brother has juz got his new dell inspiron 6000, i feel dell's after sales service,performance,built quality is top notch but it has X300 grapix where as acer has X700 which is way better than X300 at the same time acer has ddr2 533mhz ram.but if i were u i wud hav a bought Dell Inspiron 6000.Dells the best wen comes to laptop,i m not sayin that acer is bad or sumthin but i dont think acer is any way near DELL.

OP
T

Techinator

Broken In
Yes Aniruddh it is the same model. Actually i had a bad experience with the performance of my uncle's Dell. But i think i have to reconsider things.

Thanks for the info.

BTW what is this Sonoma platform???

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Sonoma is the next gen of mobile processor following centrino. Its optimised for mobile computing as in laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom