Help me fix my graphic card issue

Jim Kirk

Broken In
I have just installed a rx5600 xt gpu along with ant esport 550w psu. Now the problem is when I connect the pci power to gpu, computer won't start with no display. If I remove the pci from gpu and run it, it works. I am unable to understand what's the problem. Please help me. I ordered both the components brand new.

quicky008

Technomancer
ant esports is a sub par psu-it probably cannot supply the required power to your gpu,which causes the aforesaid problems when you connect it to your gpu's pcie power connector.

I'd recommend changing the psu to something better,such as a bronze rated unit from Corsair or cooler master (550W or higher).

Also rx 5600 is quite an old gpu and is no longer made by AMD-i wonder how were you able to find it for sale brand new-did you order it from aliexpress?

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
My friend this is 80 plus bronze psu itself. How can it be under power. I got it from md computers

quicky008

Technomancer
their 80 plus bronze rating is most likely fake-you can check it for yourself at the official website of 80 plus certifier-there you will not find any entry for any ant esports psu.

*www.clearesult.com/80plus/manufacturers/230V-Internal

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Thanks buddy. Is there a 1% chance that GPU could be dead. However both fans of gpu are running. I will try to get cooler master 650w psu but i am in dilemma that what if I change the psu but the problem still would not be solved.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, sounds like the PSU isn't supplying enough power to the GPU. If you can borrow a similar PSU from a friend, do so and verify if you can reproduce the problem.

Alternately, try getting a 80+ Gold certified PSU. Get your current PSU RMA'd if it's under warranty and then sell it.

quicky008

Technomancer
before proceeding to order a new psu,just check the gpu with an alternate psu to make sure that there's no fault in the gpu itself. Otherwise the problem might recur even with new PSU.

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Where should I check. I do not have any alternate PSU neither any of my friends have. I am stuck now.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
If there are local computer sale/repair shops nearby, take the system to them and ask them to troubleshoot. They are likely to have spares and tools to identify the fault.
They might charge you something like 500 - 700 Rs or less but you transfer the issue to them.

Where should I check. I do not have any alternate PSU neither any of my friends have. I am stuck now.
If there are local computer sale/repair shops nearby, take the system to them and ask them to troubleshoot. They are likely to have spares and tools to identify the fault.
They might charge you something like 500 - 700 Rs or less but you transfer the issue to them.
+1 to this

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Now I noticed after a long hour research on internet, my pc fans are running, even gpu fans are running but the starting beep does not come and system keep running without display. I think if power supply is the culprit, nothing should run.

What could be this issue?

quicky008

Technomancer
There's a high chance that the psu itself might be acting up-but its recommended that you test the gpu separately as well just to rule out any chance of a malfunctioning gpu.

may i ask from where did you source that rx 5600? Its an outdated model that's currently designated as EOL. Did you get it as a used pc part or new?

Without GPU, pc runs absolutely fine and I am currently using it. But with GPU there is problem.
Again, ask a local computer repair shop to troubleshoot the whole PC. It can still be the PSU. You won't know without a spare PSU, and ideally try a separate dGPU as well, just in case to check if mobo's PCIe slot is faulty or try your GPU on a separate PC (rare chance, likely it is PSU or GPU).

Top Bottom