Help me decide - Apple or Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
I am looking forward to purchase a new PC. I have visited the Apple website and got their prices for there products - iMAC & Power Mac G5, and this are the ones i got interested in.

But I have a problem, Apple recently announced to come up with a new computer based on the Intel platform. Now I am a bit confused as to what should I do.

1. Await for the lunch of this new Intel platform Apple computer or

2. Buy Microsoft based computer (with Windows XP MC or Vista*)

* when Vista is officially available in full version.

Please advice me.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
1. Imac G5 and Powermac G5 won't convert to x86 for atleast an year and half. I see no reason to wait.. Apple will continue to support the PPC platform for quite a bit of time

You will want to buy a Mac because:

1. no spyware, no viri, no headaches, no BSOD

2. simple as hell

3. the best UI ever

4. fast

5. gr8 with graphical applications..

You will want to buy a Wintel coz:

1. games

2. games

3. games

Frankly, Mac is superior to Windows in all fileds except games...

goobimama

 Macboy
Now I agree I am acting a bit too excited, but this newly aquired iBook G4 is simply wonderful. I don't play games so I don't have any problems. And whoever said that pirated software is not available for the mac? I got all the important apps (Photoshop, dreamweaver, office 2004 which is better than the windows version).

the machine runs smoothly and hardly heats up. There is no noise at all when the fan comes into play.

You have asked about the iMac G5 and the PowerMac. The difference is just a performance increase. And with the iMac you get it in a sleek one piece system whereas the powermac is 'sort of' living in the old ages.

ishaan

Padawan
you can even get these windows emulators which will allow you to run many windows apps in mac like small games and stuff....n u can get many converted versions of famous games like quake :D

G

gxsaurav

there are some preety serious virus for Mac, who said it's bug free

for Graphics Intel X86 has already killed PowerPC, cheap & a lot more performance for the same clock speed

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
gxsaurav said:
there are some preety serious virus for Mac, who said it's bug free

for Graphics Intel X86 has already killed PowerPC, cheap & a lot more performance for the same clock speed

Care to name some of those viri? Btw Gx.. 90% of all big designers use mac... are they all stupid?

most digital studios in india use macs too...

hafees

In the zone
Again a MAC vs PC war??????? :(

Both have its upsides and downsides. For me Windows + Intel / AMD gives me cost effective solution.
It is a fact that Mac OS X GUI is far superior to MS Windows. and it is relatively bug free. Still it comes at a price. You can buy the best PC with all the gaming accessories(well, most) for the price of an entry level Mac.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
@hafees- MAc Mini costs 26k. Now can you buy the best PC in this price? Pls update urself mate.

You know a single wrong advice may cause doom for the person buying it. If you're not exactly updated please do not reply! Consider this as a request please. :)

srijit

Broken In
@mail2and the guy is not talking about Mac Mini. So why restrict the budget to 26K? Also i think you can get a pretty good system for 26K albeit an AMD one. :D
You can buy the best PC with all the gaming accessories(well, most) for the price of an [snipped] Mac.
is that better?
On the other hand, the person buying should have some will power and make up his own mind, after seeing the opinions of others.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
He said an entry level mac. FYI, mac mini is the entry level mac. It comes with 15k worth of software. Will your 26k AMD machine come with that? No?

Dude, sometimes it's better to think b4 jumping on and pressing that submit button....

Now the guy who posted the topic has no cash crunch obviously as hez looking for an Imac g5. no, where does that "cliched" cheap AMD system come in from?

Sometimes it is better to read posts and reply...

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Ya as mail2and has already said, i re-iterate that money would not be a problem since i have already sorted out the problem on this front. Either my company will pay the bills or will get a bank finance (already had a talk with the bank).

So, guys please keep your post going... I am watching ever post and taking every bit of advice from you.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
goobimama said:
Now I agree I am acting a bit too excited, but this newly aquired iBook G4 is simply wonderful. I don't play games so I don't have any problems. And whoever said that pirated software is not available for the mac? I got all the important apps (Photoshop, dreamweaver, office 2004 which is better than the windows version).

the machine runs smoothly and hardly heats up. There is no noise at all when the fan comes into play.

You have asked about the iMac G5 and the PowerMac. The difference is just a performance increase. And with the iMac you get it in a sleek one piece system whereas the powermac is 'sort of' living in the old ages.

you said in your other post in the forum that you will post a complete review on the newly aquired iBook G4. I request you to please consider post such a review ASAP. ( a link to which will be appreciated )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom