HELP ME CHOOSING BETWEEN CORBY AND 5230...Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

napster007

Padawan
Hi friends,

i'm in a big fix as of now.... i have to buy a phone <10k by the end of this week and after a lot of thinking have narrowed my search to these 2 phones:

1.> Samsung Corby Pro
2.> Nokia 5230 Xpress music

now the problem i i'm not able to decide between the 2 because both come head to head , well almost,

1. The corby has wifi whereas 5230 lacks this feature
2. the 5230 has an 3.2" screem whereas only 2.8" in the corby
3. secondry camera in the corby, 5230 lacks this
4. the 5230 is only 8000, the corby is 9800.

please help me in deciding

romikhan57

Broken In
If you need a proper smartphone then you must go for the 5230. Also with Ovi Maps , the 5230 becomes an amazing navigation device.

On the other hand , the corby is a decent device and is good enough for average usage. However imho the 5230 is a phenomenal deal at the price.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

If you need a proper smartphone then you must go for the 5230. Also with Ovi Maps , the 5230 becomes an amazing navigation device.

On the other hand , the corby is a decent device and is good enough for average usage. However imho the 5230 is a phenomenal deal at the price.

nmenon

Broken In
You may face a minor problem in getting the Nokia 5230. I went to buy it on 24 Feb in Alwaye, Kerala and the Nokia Priority dealer told me that it has gone out of production but I managed to get what was the last one at any official dealer from The Mobile Store, the Mobile Store guy told me that the 5230 cannibalized 5800XM sales being Rs 5000 cheaper and missing only WiFi and the secondary cam. I would say that the 5230 will serve all purposes including Navigation as mentioned in another post and you have the general Nokia hallmarks of User-friendliness and a wide range of software for any purpose. The S60 5th edition is new and more software will become available soon. Nokia also offers a promo of 10 free tracks from the Ovi Music store with the package. The 5233 is an option if you can live without GPS and 3G. The 5530 XM is priced higher at around Rs 11,000 but comes with stereo loudspeakers, WiFi 3G but no GPS and has a 3.15MP cam with LED flash. In that range the Corby Pro has the advantage of a full qwerty hardware keypad in a sideways slider design.
I wish you luck in getting the 5230, according to dealers stocks lasted for a short time due to demand. Look around in non mainstream stores to have a better chance of getting it.

Last edited:
OP
napster007

napster007

Padawan
^^thanks much friend..... i went to get the 5230 but he said the same thing that it was out of stock..... do u have an idea if it will return??

nimish23

Broken In
corby pro has the additional QWERTY Keypad which makes typing out mesages a lot more easier than the touch keypad which might get sluggish after a period of time. lets face it resistive touchscreens tend to get sluggish after continued usage. also wifi is a big plus which corby has over nokia.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
The 5530 XM is priced higher at around Rs 11,000 but comes with stereo loudspeakers, WiFi 3G but no GPS and has a 3.15MP cam with LED flash.

I'm wondering 5530XM really have 3G ? As GSM Arena clearly mention that it don't have 3G in Sepc page. Please correct me.

Any how if it comes with 3G, still it not considerable for buying option coz it has only 2.9 inch display where as any nokia touch comes with 3.2inch stranded display.

though it's my point of view. And yes when browsing the net the extra screen space really matter.

nmenon

Broken In
Sorry about that, My bad. The guy at mobile store told me that the 5530 XM has 3G. Ideally the 5800XM is the best bet since it has all the options. But the 5230 brought the best compromise. We can only hope Nokia will bring the 5230 back. When 3G goes mainstream they probably will have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom