Help me choose a Logitech Gamepad

Status
Not open for further replies.

codehammer

Right off the assembly line
I am thinking of getting the Logitech Rumblepad 2.

I play racing games (NFS:MW, TOCA3), FPS (Rainbow, Quake 3/4, COD4) and a few RTS (AoE 3, Civ 4, 1703 AD - and yes i know the gamepad is probably not very useful for RTS games)

So how good or bad is the Logitech Rumblepad 2? Since it is a force feedback gamepad, I'd like to know if force-feedback requires specific support from the games.

There is the Logitech Dual Action Gamepad which looks the same and is presumably cheaper because it doesn't have force-feedback

I have seen the Cordless Rumblepad 2 for 2.3K or 2.6K at Reliance Digital, and that feels a bit pricey.

Can someone enlighten me on the street prices on the 2 gamepads (Rumblepad 2/Dual Action)? If it matters, I'm in B'lore

Which should i buy?

Any comments from existing owners are especially welcome. I'd like to get your thoughts on how comfortable and ergonomic these are, and what the build quality is like, any games that wont play with the gamepads, etc

N

Net007

refer this link *www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/&cl=roeu,en

moshel

Padawan
I have the Logitech Rumblepad 2...been using since 2 years now...and havent faced any problem with it yet. as it is a mainstream gamepad all games support it easily...

it resembles a Playstation 2 gamepad...while there are other gamepads by logtech which resemble the Xbox gamepad...so it depends on u...which u prefer..

but i highly recommend the Rumblepad 2.

well abt force feedback....quite frankly i have never noticed it in any game..

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i highly not reccommend any other gamepad rather than the xbox360 gamepad. reason being it supports all games and NEW games support xinput which is ONLY supported by xbox360 controller.so there u go. and it costs the same as a rumblepad

moshel

Padawan
and NEW games support xinput which is ONLY supported by xbox360 controller.

Can u please elaborate a bit on that??

and btw u dont need to worry abt games support with whichever controller u buy from Logitech....because game manufacturers design their games based on these controllers as they know that lot of people in the world own these....

u need to worry abt games support when u buy the "el cheapo" local/chinese made controllers....

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Can u please elaborate a bit on that??

and btw u dont need to worry abt games support with whichever controller u buy from Logitech....because game manufacturers design their games based on these controllers as they know that lot of people in the world own these....

u need to worry abt games support when u buy the "el cheapo" local/chinese made controllers....
you are wrong bro. look at the new games and specially x360 ports, they all need xinput drivers which ONLY THE X360 CONTROLLER has. and plus the x360 controller supports directinput which LOGITECH has. its ur choice entirely buddy, just dont regret it. i have a logitech controller and i cant use it on new games like gears of war, bioshock, rainbbow six vegas etc...

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
sadly that is true. lately i have been seeing so many games with pre configed x360 controller options where the top of the line game pad from Logitech, aka, cordless rumblepad 2 which i own, does not have any automatic profiles.

it is not like they have to put in the same effort as for say voice recording or texture creation for the game but just create a small prebuilt configuration for the best controllers. it is same as to the predefined keys on the keyboard but they still dont do it.

I really hate it when i get a new game that i have been waiting for so long and have to fiddle with configuring my gamepad. and as soon as i settle in with one configuration i might discover later that it is not right, like i may have to press two buttons on the same side simultaneously that may be uncomfortable for that button configured.

it is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom