Help me buy a DVD burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Games Goblin

Journeyman
Hi all :D !

My previous DVD burner - Samsung SH-W162Z Died out (laser died out or something) :evil:

You can read that story here - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71761&goto=newpost

^^^Oh yeah and Moderators, if you are reading this you can close the above thread ^^^

The guy at the service center told me to buy a new one as repairing this would set me back by about Rs.1200.... So what's the best DVD Burner at this price range? I am willing to shell out a maximum of Rs.1500

Now, I searched through e-bay and found a few burners

1) LiteOn

2)Samsung (SATA)

Which is better SATA or IDE interface? :?:

Also, Is LiteON a good burner (when I went through the forums, it seems to have a good reputation. :)

I would like to try something different than samsung...

a_tif

Journeyman
The only advantage of sata is that it has a smaller cable

no performance difference exists because
maximum transfer rates of optical drives is less than maximum supported by IDE

I recommend LiteOn

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
I'm not interested in Sony as my friend bought one and it failed to read certain Discs. Samsung dosen't have that problem but it's not excatly reliable (I have a one and a half year old brick in the shape of a Samsung SH-W162Z in my home to prove that :mad::evil:). Pity, because my old PC had a Samsung CD writer and i'm pretty sure that it must have written at least 3000+ CDs and even after 5 years, the drive still works!:confused: Of course, the tray pops back out sometimes after you have sent it in, but that's a fault I lived with..

So whats the difference between a LiteON and ASUS?? Can you guys give me model no.s and price before I head down to the shops? Much Obliged!:p

N

Net007

I am using Sony DRU-820A model DVD writer without any problems. I recommend this one.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Despite all the earlier notoriety, Samsung's new SH-S203B has very good reviews and is becoming popular. It is cheap, SATA and reads and writes well. Have been using it for about 3 months.

utsav

damn busy...
Hey games my sh-w162z died and i bought asus 1814blt sata lightscribe for 1500bucks.i suggest u asus if u havnt bought lite on yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom