Help me Build a High End PC

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
My budget is not one time fixed. Rather, being a monthly earner (fresher infact), I'm planning to build my PC on monthly basis.

This came to my mind as I realized I need an LCD/LED for my laptop to do my office work at home. So thought why not continue to work on building the system once I get my Monitor. Here is how I plan to-

1> Next month (after salary) would buy a monitor. Preferably 20"-22" LED Full HD, keyboard and mouse. ( I checked I would get Full HD LED around 9k )

2> Next month to that, CPU + Mobo + Ram + HDD (Full cabinet) and any other basic needs to start my PC. (Budget would be 12-14K for CPU+Mobo)

3> Next to that, graphics card (budget 8-9k), sound system.

4> If anything.

As of now, I need advice on a nice LED of 20+ inch which can justify a good graphics card. I'm posting here to ensure I move with proper sync. Like it should not happen that I buy a flop CPU earlier but now looking for a good GPU which can never be utilized to its core.

Also, for a 20+ inch LED, would I need a 2GB GPU with 180+ Cuda Cores.

Next would be CPU/Mobo combination.

Thanks,

Enjoy~!

Last edited:

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
@OP fill this up first *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-asking-new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Android App development, Web Project Development, Animations, Programming, Heavy Multimedia (HD Movies), HD Games - NFS Run, Max Payne 3.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: I mentioned its not fixed. So I can say, 9k for monitor, 15k for cpu/mobo, 3k for ram, 4k for hdd, 5k for sound system. May vary. Depends

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes, if over heating not an issue.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 (32/64)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB at least

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, at least 20" Full HD

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In parts starting from next month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes I have and I will assemble the desktop.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Buying locally. Open to online if safe enough.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: N/A

d3p

PowerHouse
Monitor : Dell ST2220M / Benq G2222HDL @ 8k

Processor - Motherboard Combo :

AMD Phenom II 960T @ 6900
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 @ 6500

RAM : Gskill RipjawsX 8GB (4GB x 2) 1600MHz CL9 @ 3k
Cabinet : CM Elite 311 @ 1.8k
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1TB Sata III 7200 64MB Cache @ 5.2k

Go to Ankit Infotech. For rest check your PM-Box.

Top Bottom