Help in choosing between 6233 and K550i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realfan4ever

Broken In
Guys my budget is 10K(+/- 1K) an i am looking out for a new cell. Atm is am unable to make up my mind between 6233 and K550i? My foremost need is camera and media player. I would like to know which cell comes out trumps in these areas?

I am little more tilted towards 6233 due to cheaper memory cards available. And i want 1GB memory in my cell. Any first hand user of either cells do give ur valuable feedback. Also plz keep in mind i wont be buying another cell for atleast next three yrs. Basically i want a lambi race ka ghoda :)

Do rate which cell has better qualities.
1. Camera.
2. Media Player (priority is with headset).
3. Screen.
4. Connectivity.
5. Package.
6. Anyother outstanding feature of either mobile.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1. k550i has a better cam equipped wid Autofocus.
2. i find the same quality in both. u can buy the walkman headset and use it wid k550i.
3. i find both same again.
4. 6233 is better as it supports 3g. otherwise both support edge, gprs class10 and usb connectivity.
5. package contents is almost same for the both (memory card, headset etc.)
6. k550i is cybershot branded, while the 6233 uses memory cards which are cheaper. 6233 is also louder thru the onboard speaker than the k550 wid the default drivers (which can only be changed by breaking into the firmware, which is not for noobies!)

OP
realfan4ever

realfan4ever

Broken In
Thanks for the answers yaar.
What will be the rating for Camera and music player on the scale of 0-10?

hackers2005.3721 said:
nokia 6300
Dont really liked the design that much.

The biggest sore point in K550i is its costly memory card.
I want to gey 1 GB card, which will set me back by atleast Rs 16-1800/-.

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
K550 video recording is HORRIBLE!! Buy it ONLY if you really really reaaaally don't care about video at all! Otherwise buy the Nokia!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
realfan4ever said:
What will be the rating for Camera and music player on the scale of 0-10?

for that price range, camera - 9.5/10, music - 6/10 (specifically not music player but music phone as a whole).

video can be recorded only at qcif, 176x144 resolution.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
realfan4ever said:
Dont really liked the design that much.
You prefer the design of 6233 over 6300! Are you sleeping well these days? :eek:

Nokia 6300, in comparison to 6233, is newer, thinner, lighter, has a better screen and ships with a higher capacity memory card.
And look at this:

*img.gsmarena.com/w/pics/nokia/nokia-6300-00.jpg *img.gsmarena.com/w/pics/nokia/nokia-6233_00.jpg
Nokia 6300 - Nokia 6233

I still cannot believe you said what you did. :lol:

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ hey arya, he never said that he preferred the design of 6233 over 6300. he just said that he din like the design of 6300, that it. likings like these are purely subjective! obviously, it varies from person to person!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! :lol:

He wants to choose one between 6233 and K550i and is not considering 6300 because he isn't particularly fond of its design. So, isn't it quite obvious (by derivation) that he liked the design of 6233 compared to 6300?

I know these things are supposed to be subjective but you can't just pass of anything as being subjective. Chip is better or Digit? Apple or Microsoft? Your answer can be any one of them. This is subjective. Who makes better designed products - Apple or IBM? This sounds like a subjective question but it is not, because only one answer makes any sense. Same is the case here.

One cannot honestly think that 6233 looks better than 6300. Not from any angle.

It is up to the buyer, of course - but I just wanted to throw in my two cents to try and knock some sense into his head. :)

OP
realfan4ever

realfan4ever

Broken In
Common Mate, Dont pull my legs yaar. For me it looks too ungainly. As IRD already said, it subjective and changes from person 2 person :).

infra_red_dude said:
for that price range, camera - 9.5/10, music - 6/10 (specifically not music player but music phone as a whole).

video can be recorded only at qcif, 176x144 resolution.
What about 6233?

So majority do believe i should go with 6233, my pocket do also think of the same.
One one help guys, Where can i get sample pics of either of the fones?
Any links would be welcomed whole heartedly.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
6233.. i'd give 7/10 for cam and same 6/10 for music. dunno if its only me or everyone but i find all 6233's cam inferior to any of the 2mp SE cams (with or without AF).

one place where 6233 scores is the video rec. resolution. memory card is cheaper too plus the onboard speakers are quite loud!

sample pics, 6233: *www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6233-review-98p6.php
sample pics, k550: *www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k550-review-128p4.php

aryayush said:
Who makes better designed products - Apple or IBM? This sounds like a subjective question but it is not, because only one answer makes any sense.

hmmm.. i dun agree. if the question was who makes products appealing to the eye, i'd say apple. but who makes better designed products? i'd say IBM. i can list a whole lot of designs that IBM innovated which promptly was incorporated by others. better design doesn't mean just visually appealing but usability, innovation, productivity, timely intro in the market etc. can list out a whole lotta things by ibm! i wudn't like to hijack this thread so ending this disc. here :)

aryayush said:
but I just wanted to throw in my two cents to try and knock some sense into his head

and plz stop thinking that anyone who's not buying the products u own doesn't haf sense in his head! :)

Last edited:

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Why don't u consider K750i
i have 6233 and K750i in family

Best 2MP cam with twin LED flash, autofocus, mirror. 6233 has better video recording, 640*480 resolution.
According to GSMARENA review of k550i, K750i has better cam.
Best, has megabass which both k550i and 6233 lack. sond quality is much better than 6233. U can use walkman Headphones of W810i (my bro has done same).
major problem with 6233 is its mediaplayer
6233 gets quite slower with 512 MB card, where as 1 GB card has no effect on K750i.

K50i -Cheapest memory cards. I think 2 GB is close to 1100/-

price is 8400/- in mumbai
price of walkman headphones 750/- original in grey, 1350/- from Sony world. Both don't have warranty.
Price of 1 GB mem card 700-800/- don't know actually.

Last edited:

Gaurav

In the zone
close your eyes and simply purchase k550i, it has a great camera and you will be surprised by it's performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom