HELP FROM ATI FANS NEEDED!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav3r1ck

Broken In
ok this one is for the ATI fanboys, :wink:

i wanted to an buy ATI x800, but there are many versions of the same in the market. apparently there are versions with 12 pixel pipelines and 16 pixel pipelines. now i want a version which has 256MB memory, is AGP4x/8x compatible and importantly should cost less than 10K . i know i can't get a 16 pixel pipeline card with 256Mb memory within 10K :cry: but for me 12 pixel pipeline is still good enough for me :D . now i need u guys to tell me which X800 version comes in 12 pixel pipelines and what is the price. my guess is standard x800 and x800 GTO. if i am right then where can i buy these cards (from northern india preferably around NCR) and at how much price? any links and replies will be appreciated and would be personally thanked by me.

cha.

OP
mav3r1ck

mav3r1ck

Broken In
wow man, 13 views and no replies.

Thanx a lot guys for ur help!

am i wasting my time here or what, i mean i spend two hours a day on DIGIT forums to learn something new everyday, and to help fellow gamers and geeks, but when it comes to me asking for help nobody has any replies, am i asking for too much? plz reply, i am not saying this only for me but if u people know the solution to the queries being posted in these forums by anyone, plz make an effort to reply and help.

i thought DIGIT's forum rocked, prove me right!!!!!

cha.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I ran a search on Newegg for AGP, 12 pipe ATI chipsets, X800 and above. Basically 2 chipsets fit your reqirements:
1. X800 GTO
2. X1600 Pro
Both cost less than 10k and provide good value for money. But i'm pretty sure you'll have a hard time finding these in the market since you want the AGP version.

OP
mav3r1ck

mav3r1ck

Broken In
ty @MysticHalo, ty @drvarunmehta

i already searched newegg bfore posting this. i could choose from among X1600 pro 256MB or X800 GTO 256MB, but the real problem is that all the rates are in $$. i don't know how much they gonna cost in INR. Also those were sapphire cards, are sapphires in the above models available in india and if yes where and at what cost?

cha.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
As I said, these cards are really hard to find. I suggest you buy whatever is readily available rather than restricting yourself to these 2 cards. Why fon't you consider a Geforce based card?

OP
mav3r1ck

mav3r1ck

Broken In
drvarunmehta said:
Why fon't you consider a Geforce based card?

@drvarunmehta

i did consider Geforce based cards and the two cards that came to my mind were the 6600 GT and the 6800 GS. but 6800 GS is way above my budget @ INR 14000/- approx. and the problem with 6600 GT is that it has only 8 pixel pipelines and 128 bit memory bandwith as opposed to ATI Radeon X800 GTO's 12 pixel pipelines and 256 bit memory bandwith. heck, even a 9800 pro 256 MB card has 8 pixel pipelines and 256 bit memory bandwith. but, do u have any suggestions?

cha.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Check this X1300 Pro...AGP version.
*www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7634633&type=product&id=1130987912212

BTW, could u plz quote ur Mobo and chipset?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I think the X1300 Pro wont suit your needs, if you consider a 6600GT underpowered. If you get a X1600 or a X800GTO then good for you otherwise settle for a 6600GT and be happy with it.
Can you tell us your processor, mobo and RAM?. Because if your system is really underpowered, then these graphics cards wont help as the rest of the system will bottleneck it.

The email id of Powercolor India is chip@mediatechindia.com. The MRP of their X800GTO is Rs. 9000 and that of the X1600XT is Rs. 13360 as stated in the Feb 06 issue of CHIP. You can visit www.mediatechindia.com for more details and find a dealer nearest to your location.

OP
mav3r1ck

mav3r1ck

Broken In
Thanks a lot @Mystichalo and @drvarunmehta.

My system is a P4(socket 478) 1.5 Ghz, ASUS mobo (AGP4X) with SiS650 chipset, and RAM is 768MB PC2700(333 Mhz) working at 266Mhz. so i don't think my system is that much underpowered. probably just a bit older :wink: . thats why i am relying on GPU power to play games and wanna switch from FX5700 LE to something more powerful. Hence ATI X800 GTO.

I did check *www.mediatechindia.com/ but they are not showing X800 GTO card under the PowerColor brand name. i did find an X800 Pro though. don't know how much that will cost probably more expensive than a GTO.

cha.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Well, on the Powercolor site, x1300 is not listed under AGP series. I find that as far as the specs are concerned, x850xt and x850 xt PE are the most powerful cards( better than x1600)
I am sure it will be a bit costlier

Mediatech is the only retaileer in India for Powercolor, so u must contact them via e-mail asking fo available cards (ie. X800 GTO or any other)
ASUS also manufactures Ati cards....so u may wanna contact one of their retailers-:
*in.asus.com/aboutasus.aspx?show=3

And hey, i found something intersting....ATI product advisor, check this outif u havent already...
*buy.ati.com/productinfo/ua/index.asp

PS: Another thing,according to ATi, x1300 512 MB AGP is half the price of X850 256 MB ;)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
MysticHalo said:
PS: Another thing,according to ATi, x1300 512 MB AGP is half the price of X850 256 MB ;)
Well if thats the case, then its a total rip-off. An X1300 should be 5 times cheaper than an X850.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
drvarunmehta said:
MysticHalo said:
Well if thats the case, then its a total rip-off. An X1300 should be 5 times cheaper than an X850.

the prices dont double by memory.....X1900 256 MB is $499 and CrossFire 512 MB is $599......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom