Broken In
well frnds out there help me in buying a graphics card

my pc specifications are
===================
pentium IV 2.8 GHZ

winxp pro sp2

160GB seagate HDD and 512 MB ram

AGP slot (no PCI or PCIexpress slot)

what basiclly i am looking for is a good 256MB or 512MB graphics card for about 5000/- to 6500/-(got incentive from dad) INR which can run most of today`s games and other applications.

PLZ help me out guys.

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
well............. a 6600gt has ddr3 while 7600gs has ddr2, but the 6600gt has a slower core-clock, a 7600 gt(PCI-e) costs abt 11k, dunno abt gs.

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
6600GT 128MB second hand around 5k

with such a low end card 256mb hardly matters. 512mb doesn't exist for this card.

alternately try 1600pro

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
any person who is selling second hand in the forums, look up different forums or computer dealers.
probably 5-6k if you are lucky

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Stalker said:
well............. a 6600gt has ddr3 while 7600gs has ddr2, but the 6600gt has a slower core-clock, a 7600 gt(PCI-e) costs abt 11k, dunno abt gs.

For the past 1 week I've been searching for 7600gs or gt AGP version with every single vendor in Lamington road, Mumbai (which is supposed to be the best place for availability of any PC related stuff) but no one has a AGP version of the 7600gs or gt.
In Lamington road the (Forsa 7600GS PCI-e version) costs 6.5k, the AGP version (IF you can find one) will cost ATLEAST a 1.5 - 2k more.

go_gamez

In the zone
i got..a gainward ultra 1960 xp golden sample edition (the 6600gt )..a second hand with warranty (2 years )..for only 4 k tht too shippeing included !
so look for some similar deals...there are ppl selling there 6600gt for 4.5-5 k..range u will surely find some good offers..in the market section..or other forums.

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay, if anyone does find such a card with a good deal attached to it, please please pass on the contact details to me....

aritrap

Mobile Addict
You can buy the nVIDIA 6200 which can play most of the new games today and costs around 4.5K. But you will be able to play the games at the lowest resolutions and all the fancay stuff off.

OP
T

THE PHENOM

Broken In
dude my pc`s just going to celebrate its 3rd birthday on 29th and his is not the return gift i am supposed to give it......

also the 5k restriction is coz i am using my hard earned money to buy it.. but now dad has agreed to add 2k to it.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U can also search ATI X800. Any low end X800 would do nd would be better than a 6600GT. But finding it on AGP would be hard.

go_gamez

In the zone
aritrap said:
You can buy the nVIDIA 6200 which can play most of the new games today and costs around 4.5K. But you will be able to play the games at the lowest resolutions and all the fancay stuff off.
LOL 4.5 K FOR 6200 ???THE 6600 NON-GT COSTS 3.7 K...WHILE ..6200 IS BELOW 3 K..AND ..THE 6600GT IS ARND 7.K... !!ALL ARE AGP BASED CARDS..PRICES..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom