Status
Not open for further replies.

spinach-guy

Broken In
my system config:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6700

EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard

Corsair 2GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 800 mhz
2 EVGA GeForce 8800GTX's 768MB in SLI (Driver Version 158.22)
2 Western Digital Raptors 150GB 10,000 RPM Raid 0
250GB Seagate Barracuda 7,200 RPM
Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2ZS Platinum Edition
Antec 850W NVIDIA QUAD-SLI APPROVED PSU
Razor Tarantula Keyboard
Razor Copperhead Mouse
WINXP Home Edition SP2 {sorry if it's too long.but i am all excited about owning this PC}

Despite having such a hi-end PC i mostly get an FPS of about 100 in games like Stalker and C&c tiberium wars which is too low.any suggestions would be welcome

Who

Guess Who's Back
First of all C&C tibrium war has a FPS limiter so your FPS will NEVER pass 30.now about S.T.A.L.K.E.R if you are getting 100 FPS , the game is more than playable , you need about 30 fps to play a game ....without stuttring but if you still are compalning, then you should dfrag your hard driver , chkdisk it & stuff like that also on what settings you are playing the game ?

yesh1683

In the zone
shady_inc said:
u must have copy-pasted that config from somewhere else.....its too good to be true
Totally agree man

Dont believe that new comer "
Antec 850W NVIDIA QUAD-SLI APPROVED PSU" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Only thing he missed with highest end PC is
QUAD Core Proccy & 8800 Ultra in sli

Stalker

Padawan
@spinach-guy
u call 100fps choppy performance? :D
try to disable Vertical Sync from Nvidia Control Panel & see if u get more fps.

OP
S

spinach-guy

Broken In
shady_inc said:
u must have copy-pasted that config from somewhere else.....its too good to be true

yeah,go on..as if i would waste my precious time and bandwidth in making stories for u guys:mad: :mad: :mad:

u call 100fps choppy performance?
try to disable Vertical Sync from Nvidia Control Panel & see if u get more fps.
Vsync is already disabled

In which settings are you playing Stalker?

all in game settings are at max and 4xAA and 4xAF

Who

Guess Who's Back
did you read my post ? also i wanted to know on what resolution your are playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R, If you don't tell me that i can't really help you.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
yeah,go on..as if i would waste my precious time and bandwidth in making stories for u guys

hey man, u can't blame us for imagining u must have copy-pasted it from somewhere. such a perfect sys - dual 8800GTX in SLI, 2x150gb raptors in raid 0 and 680i mobo, 850W sli approved antec PSU... with everything so perfect, why not a C2D Q6700 quad?

Stalker

Padawan
& the razer gaming gear(tarantula & copperhead), ur comp is almost perfect..
wait...guess u forgot to add a Razer Mantis...:D

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
spinach-guy said:
my system config:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6700

EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard

Corsair 2GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 800 mhz
2 EVGA GeForce 8800GTX's 768MB in SLI (Driver Version 158.22)
2 Western Digital Raptors 150GB 10,000 RPM Raid 0
250GB Seagate Barracuda 7,200 RPM
Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy2ZS Platinum Edition
Antec 850W NVIDIA QUAD-SLI APPROVED PSU
Razor Tarantula Keyboard
Razor Copperhead Mouse
WINXP Home Edition SP2 {sorry if it's too long.but i am all excited about owning this PC}

Despite having such a hi-end PC i mostly get an FPS of about 100 in games like Stalker and C&c tiberium wars which is too low.any suggestions would be welcome
Nice configuration. With this affinity to hardware you defiantly must have a good camera or mobile.
How about us mortals seeing nice picture of your PC ? :D

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Well first of all the full dynamic lightning in Stalker is not to be handled by cards of Geforce 6/7/8 series.ITs for the Geforce 9 series.Please decrease from full dynamic lightning to object Dynamic lightning.That's,it brings the biggest,i mean it,the biggest hit on the performance on 8 series cards.

Last edited:

night_stalker

Right off the assembly line
lol wth.

I just got a new system like 2 days ago, specs:
AMD X2 6000+ CPU
Corsair 2x1Gb PC5300 667Mhz ram
320GB SATAII HD
ASUS Nvidia 640MB 8800GTS
And some antec casey thinggy

and uhh... it runs every single game i could find with good graphics on the highst possible no lag (BF2142 at 100FPS usually)... and thats with Anisotropic filtering on 16x (set in nvidia control panel)... so uhhh. if that really is ur system im pretty sure youll have no probs runnin gANY game curently released lol. :confused:. and uhhh... 100fps seems to be all you need... since uhh... games appear to run smoothly at about 25+

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
night_stalker said:
lol wth.
games appear to run smoothly at about 25+

25fps is not true for all games. For doom3 , css and F.E.A.R 25 fps is considered playable and not smooth. 40fps is smooth. For lost planet even 25 fps is smooth enough. It also depends on player of course.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
it may be due to overheat problems that can affect the gfx cards performance.
well dual 8800 gtx generates heat like hell.
@spinach you are really unlucky.u hv almost the best pc with best gfx cards(not 1 bt 2)and still u are not satisfied with the performance.
check the heat dissipation.u may need water cooling for such a high end config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom