Help choosing the right components

avi92

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys! I'm building a new PC after quite sometime and am looking for all the help that I can get.
The maximum amount that i'm willing to spend is around 80000 and could squeeze in a little more (around 10k if I'm buying it in august). It will be used for gaming, mostly League of Legends, and a few games here and there (mostly Shooters) when i'm not playing LoL.
I have a few things in mind which I need help to choose from.

these are a few components which I've chosen
CPU: i5 4670k
Mobo: Asus z97-A or MSI z97 Gaming 7 or a Sabertooth z97 mark 2
GPU: Asus GTX 750ti or Asus GTX 660 or the AMD R9 series
RAM: G.Skill Trident or the G.Skill RipjawsX (2 x 4 GB)
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128 GB or Corsair Force Series GS 128 GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda SV-35 1 TB
PSU: Corsair RM750 or any other which suits the needs

Also i'm keeping my mind open if you guys suggest something better for a good price.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I will be playing mostly league of legends.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 80000 (if I'm buying the system this month or add another 10k if I buy stuff in august)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No. Not right now.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8.1 pro (i already have a licensed version).

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB should be sufficient and also will be using an SSD (128 or 250 GB)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. I prefer 22" or 24"(max) and can add another 5k to the existing budget

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have CM HAF 912 so i'm dropping the cabinet off the list

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By the end of this month. If not the in august.. Cause i will be away from home in july

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will be building the system myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Mysore, Karnataka. I'm willing to buy stuff from online stores.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
fill these first *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
A

avi92

Thank you for pointing it out. I'm new to this forum and couldn't go through the rules yesterday. I've updated it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
CPU: intel Core i5 4670k -15500,
Mobo: Asus Z87MX-D3H -10500,
GPU: Sapphire R9 290 4GB -23000,
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz -5600,
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB -10000,
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1 TB -5500,
PSU: Corsair RM650 -8500,
Monitor: Dell S2240L LED IPS -8400.
Total -87,000.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
get this mobo Buy Online MSI Z97 PC Mate 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard in india /asus z97 A(not sure of availability.). also look at aoc i2369vm. get a good k/b and mouse combo.

dikart4

Broken In
I have a suggestion just finalize the components you want to buy call few shops(like Aashirwad,Aditya,Golcha..) in SP Road, Bangalore get an estimate from them and now visit few shops in KT street in Mysore(like Megatronics,Rahul,System Needs) get an estimate,if its higher(usually it will be) than what is being given by Bangalore shops just speak with them and say what is being quoted in Bangalore...they will surely reduce it.Its all in bargaining skill :)

And one more thing plz do not listen to what shopkeeps say they have very little knowledge about the system and just stick to whatever is suggested by this forum people.

80K+ budget is a sweetspot for a gaming rig.Just wait for some more suggestions from my forum friends.Be patient dont be in a hurry.If you have any doubts ask it and get it clarified here itself and make sure that you dont have any doubts about the components you want to buy.

I'm not sure whether you would be able to get all the components in Mysore, but if you can wait for 2-3 days they will get it shipped from Bangalore. The local market price is definitely less than online price for few components and I'm sure you can save 3-4K(considering your budget is 80K+) by shopping locally at Bangalore or Mysore.

Wait for few more suggestions.....and all d best

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
@OP since you are not overclocking go with this (slightly modified from bavusani)

Intel Xeon 1230 v3
Gigabyte H87 D3H
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB/ Kinston Hyper Blu x 2x4GB
Sapphire r9 290 tri x
Seasonic M620II
WD 1TB Black
AOC i2369vm
Logitech G400s
Logitech G105

For motherboard also look at the Z97 board as [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] suggested. But Z97 boards are used for overclocking and not necessary for the processor mentioned. You can also look at H97 Board (more suited for your purpose)

Also you can opt for Seasonic S12II 620. The M and S PSU are essentially of same built only difference is M being semi modular.

Last edited:
OP
A

avi92

thank you all for your suggestions. since i know next to nothing about overclocking (was thinking of it before when i had like 1.5 lakh budget..but then decided to buy a phone for 50k instead and got some custom job done on my bike.. all i'm left now is with the 80 k mentioned :p) so OC'ing is out of the question.
next is i was able to talk to some shop people and they said that they could arrange for me to sell my current parts so that i would get a little more money to spend on this.. since i'm looking at using this pc for atleast 2 more years i wanted the absolute best quality and i've heard from forums that Asus makes the best mobos in terms of quality. and also that i only need 2gb of VRam if i'm gonna use just one monitor. so i think i will go with this build:
intel i5 4690
mobo asus h97 pro
g.skill ripjaws 2x4
sapphire R9 280x dual or R9 270x toxic boost
seagate 1 TB barracuda
samsung 840 evo 120GB
corsair rm 750 fully modular
any 22" monitor available in the market
corsair k50 raptor K/B
razer naga hex or corsair m95 ( as i play LOL alot and i cant reach to quick item keys easily i would need programmable keys on the mouse)

What do you guys think? should i go with this or are there any modifications to be made?
- - - Updated - - -

oh and quick question does all that fancy software that come bundled with those high end mobos worth it? and since i'm already using and AMD fx series cpu without any flaws do you recommend that i stick with an fx series cpu like the 8350 and get a compatible mobo?

Last edited:

ravi847

Journeyman
I once went to the Ashirwad Computers and found that their prices were a bit higher.. But have heard lot of good reviews about the prices at Golcha Computers and Ankit infotech.

OP
A

avi92

amd fx 6300
asus m5a78l-m lx
transcend 1333 2x4gb
amd hd 7700 ddr5 1gb
seagate 1tb
antec basic 550w psu

this pc was configured by my brother for his use and also in a hurry.. after he moved away i decided to use this as it is till i'm done with my studies. and that i'm done with it i want to upgrade it.. :)
also if it's not too much to ask i could use some help choosing the UPS (preferably apc)

Top Bottom