Help Buying a Gaming PC for 1 Lakh

jollygoodfellow

New to this forum
1. What is the purpose of the computer?
Ans: Latest versions of game franchises like crysis, farcry, Battle field and other first person games. Might also play simulation games like sim city, sims 4 etc. Will be installing steam and playing the latest steam games (All legal). Slight video editing might also be done (Sony Vegas, Camtasia)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 1 Lakh

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8.1 or 7 home premium (Not sure which one to go with)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor?
Ans: Yes. 21-24 inch; full HD; LED

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None. Buying everything from scratch.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In 2-3 weeks time.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Have not assembled. Will be getting it assembled.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Prefer to get it locally.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

1. I would need to include a good UPS along with the usual- CPU, Mouse, KB, Monitor, Speaker (2.1)
  2. I would also like to use a small SSD for OS and the usual HDD for installing games and other application.
  3. Please let me know if I should go with Windows 8.1 aot stick with Windows 7 home premium? For my laptop, I had a lot of driver issues for Windows 8. I have set aside a separate budget of 25K for software.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5 4570 - 13.3k
asus b85m g - 6.1k/asus h87 pro - 10k
kingston hyperx blu 4gb x 2 - 4.8k / corsair vengeance /gskill ripjaws x
sapphire r9 290 tri x - 36k
wd black 1tb - 5.5k
seasonic s12ii 620 -5.5k
corsair 400r - 5.6k
AOC i2369vm - 12k
logitech g105 - 2.9k
logitech g500 - 3.3k
apc 1100va ups - 5.5k
i dont have much idea about good speaker. you can have a look at logiitech z623.it is costly though.
you can safely go with windows 8.1.

Top Bottom