HELP - 6 iPOD Questions/Doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraKs

Youngling
I have few Questions/Doubts on (120 GB Classic),

1 - How to create folder in iPOD ? I need something like this - Hindi Songs > Hindi Movies > 1990 > QSQT

2 - Which wall charger is good for 120 GB Classic ? (Original Apple / something on Ebay) -

3 - Can silver front panel (change to black panel) & Steel back panel of iPOD be changed ? If yes how & where ?

4 - Is there any WORKING method to remove scratches from back steel plate ? Google Says - Toothpaste ? Any real life experience ?

5 - Which Casing & screen protector for 120 GB iPOD ? Casing MUST provide shock proof facility incase of dropping of iPOD

6 - If there is still 6 months warranty left then under what condition/damage will apple center give brand new iPOD (not repair) ? I have seen lots of people getting Brand New iPOD without any questions ? Real life exp please.

Request to help me & guide.

k4ce

Youngling
1. what exactly do u mean by folder ? if u just want a folders , connect to comp and create . But u cant acces from ipod ... only comp ... if u want em to play , no point creating folders . u can play around wid the ID3v2 tag of the mp3 files .... so u can set year to 1990 , genre to say "hindi movies" .... but i doubt u will be able to browse by year once u are in the albums/composers/genre menu

2. the safest way to charge ur ipod without a comp is as follows .... get a power supply to usb adapter ... u plug it in and it has a usb port on the other side ... many reputed companies make this kinda thing (even HCL i think) ... so plug in ur data cable to the other end and voila , u have a charger

3. no idea
4.no idea
5.no idea

6.i do know a very close fren of mine who got his 80gb replaced. he was involved in an road accident and something happened to his ipod after that. wudnt start. was replaced

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) If you are thinking of folder search like one in Transcends and cowons, it is not possible
2) For safety, go and get Apple AC charger for ipod.
3) Not possible under warranty conditions. But yes, you can get it changed and that will void warranty
4) Nothing in India. you can get something like iCleaner to bring back shine and remove some scratches
5) Look for Belkin's range of ipod cases. shock resistance should be in-built and cannot be given by a case and even if it is given, that will make ipod difficult to carry
6) Even on last day of warranty, you can get new ipod if your ipod dies (under warranty conditions)

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Thanks friends

1 - I meant that i need folder kind of look in iPOD rather then having all songs in 1 place.
3 - where to get the new plate ? Will Apple show room do it ?
5 - Thanks, will surely check Belkin range for case
6 - hmmm, have to think how to make an iPOD die :).. ideas ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1. Not possible. you can sort based on album name or artist name or track name. Folder browsing is not possible
2. you can check with apple guys if they can replace exterior but be ready to shell a lot.
6. don't mess with it. if you put ipod skin, none of the scratches will be visible.

ipod classic skins: *www.gelaskins.com/catalog.php?Device=1&Category=19&p=1

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
Thanks @desiibond

Eh, Didnt like skins, I prefer plain Original Look.. Apple showroom says they cant change steel backplate as Serial no is embedded on it. :(

Unable to locate Belkin case in Bangalore, any heads up bro ? Pls give address where all ranges are available

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
1. Not possible. you can sort based on album name or artist name or track name. Folder browsing is not possible
2. you can check with apple guys if they can replace exterior but be ready to shell a lot.
6. don't mess with it. if you put ipod skin, none of the scratches will be visible.

ipod classic skins: *www.gelaskins.com/catalog.php?Device=1&Category=19&p=1
I'll be visiting Bangalore this weekend,Where can i find these in Bangalore for my iPod touch 2G.(If sold in India).Also I've heard Gwrapping has similar ipod skins,any idea where they can be found.

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the quick reply Babai.I did enquire at Apple store in Forum mall,last time when I visted Bangalore(long ago).Are those available now and any idea how much it's gonna cost.I would love to buy a few,if the price is reasonable since I live in Anantapur,so that I don't have to goto Bangalore every time I want to change it.

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
@sriharsha_madineni

Check out Reliance Digital at Cunnigham road, They have lots of these.

Guys any one of your friend got new iPOD with replacement ? please share

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Once I misconnected front USB ports to mobo in a way that power comes through earth pin. When I connected my ipod nano, it died immediately. Took it to apple care and told that it stopped working. Got replacement in 1 week. This happened about 18months ago.

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
@desiibond

Bro,1 Question, if you return Silver iPOD then will they give black as replacement (If asked) or Silver replacement will be New piece of silver only

OP
P

PraKs

Youngling
@dharmil16

lol, Thanks buddy,

If they start giving me answer of all such question about how to get a new iPOD they will kick me out :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom