Hello everybody. I have a question, please look inside and answer if you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnab2kool

On the net
I am learning PHP and MySQL. And I have been told that I need to install web server in my PC to practice while I am learning. I was told and what I saw in the Internet that I need Apache, MySQL and PHP installed. Now from where I can download and install it? And also I heard that Apache version shud be the latest so its better. and another myth about Apache is that its very hard to configure! Isn't there any program that install all of this together (the latest version of Apache). Guys please help. Also I want to know that what is XAMPP v1.6.3? I saw in net that its contains all the 3 things and installs them in one click! Is this good? If all I heard about is true then where I can get it? And if this is not true then please do answer me where I can get all 3 of them and how I can configure them to work.

Moderators and members dont mind if I am posting in wrong section, if so then please move it to the right section and PM me so I can check the answers.

Thank you.

Pathik

Google Bot
Yup get XAMPP if u r using windows...
if u want to install all 3 separately then it s better to use a linux os like fedora 7..

Minimalistix

I'm back!
You can install all 3 separately on windows too and you'll be fine! You'll just need to manually edit some .ini settings files. The files are very well-documented but reading readme files before going ahead would help you a lot.

You would gain more in terms of understanding if you install them separately. Install Apache first then mySQL and PHP or just go ahead with XAMPP if you don't wanna fuss over it!

Minimalistix

I'm back!
Learn to install Apache, MySQL, PHP, phpMyAdmin & Zend Optimizer

And once you're done with the installation please learn how to use Google too! :D

Chetan1991

Youngling
I can't remember but I had seen these three(Apache,SQL and PHP)in an Digit CD....don't remember the issue but it was 2005 or so.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey neednt worry as i m here :)) :D
just install wamp server and use php designer ...thats it..

din

Tribal Boy
Working in LAMP for the last 6 yrs. The following helped me a lot.

Installing everything. Please refer

*www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Get simple to complex codes from

*px.sklar.com

Get the very useful and example rich manual from

*www.php.net/download-docs.php

For a very simple but configurable editor try

*www.phpide.com/phpcoder/download.htm

Of course Internet is the best resource. You need not buy any books and need not go to any institutes too. There are a lot of websites.

And remember - google is always a life saver :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom