HDMI cable buying suggestion !

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Hi

i have a laptop, a lcd hd tv, and soon i have a gaming console,

my tv and laptop have have hdmi connectors, and the gaming console nowdays also have one.

now i want to buy a good quality hdmi cable to connect laptop or console to my tv.

i have never used any hdmi device earlier so it wil be my first experience, please help me with

how much it will cost in market ?
which is good brand ?
what should be goood length ? (i have seen on ebay with different lengths)
there are cables selling from 100/- to above 1000/- rupees, please help me with this

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Any cheap HDMI cable will be just fine.

Length is for you to decide, but anything within 10m is always fine.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I have tried both cheap non branded cables and belkin cables. Cannot find any quality difference in PQ. But the belkin cable has good build quality and fits firmly in the hdmi port. The cheaper one with nylon braiding is very stiff. For small lengths, any hdmi cable will work. I personally suggest belkin high speed hdmi cable. Some other good brands are profigold and bandridge.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
but what is gold plated pins, also there are something like version 1.3, 1.4, how can i check which connector i have,

do i have to buy the matching cable for my laptop, or its just like any usb cable, just by any hdmi cable and plug and use ?

is ebay.in good as there are lot of cheap cable available. any good seller ?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
but what is gold plated pins, also there are something like version 1.3, 1.4, how can i check which connector i have,

do i have to buy the matching cable for my laptop, or its just like any usb cable, just by any hdmi cable and plug and use ?

is ebay.in good as there are lot of cheap cable available. any good seller ?

Don't worry about it. All HDMI 1.4 does is add support for ethernet over HDMI and 4k resolutions. Any HDMI cable will work. Anything that says 1.4 on it is just fine. Even the ones before it, like 1.0, 1.1 etc are all backwards compatible. As long as your cable is 1.3 or 1.4 there will be no problems whatsoever.

Whatever you do, do not buy anything that costs more than 1000.

There is an indian brand called MX, that makes some really nice cables at amazing prices. You should check them out. I bought 3 really sturdy 3.0m HDMI 1.4 rated and shielded cables for less than 1.5k IIRC. Some of the imported brands for the same quality would cost you easily 1.2-1.3k per cable.

I have tried both cheap non branded cables and belkin cables. Cannot find any quality difference in PQ. But the belkin cable has good build quality and fits firmly in the hdmi port. The cheaper one with nylon braiding is very stiff. For small lengths, any hdmi cable will work. I personally suggest belkin high speed hdmi cable. Some other good brands are profigold and bandridge.

There is no PQ difference. This is digital, not analog ;) As long as your cable is not faulty, there will be no difference whatsoever in audio or video. It's all snake oil marketing.

Top Bottom