HDD failed,already have 1 tb HDD so confuse regarding new purchase.

Ssangeet

In the zone
I have one SSD where OS is stored, I have one 1TB hdd where games,files,programs are installed & i have one 512 gb hdd(6-7 years old) where mostly games were installed which is keep disappearing ,may be because it is dying.
So what should i do?
should i keep using that 1 tb drive?
should i buy 1 tb or 512gb hdd?please suggest which one
should i buy 512gb ssd?please suggest which one
any other recommendation then please share.

What is your budget mainly?

Also mention the specs of your system as SSD for game storage would be overkill for relatively weaker systems. Mention available M2 slots.

Cheap 480GB SSD that can be used for game storage, faster than HDDs, but not that good of a SSD, that's why the cheap price:
Amazon.in

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone

Also mention the specs of your system as SSD for game storage would be overkill for relatively weaker systems. Mention available M2 slots.

Cheap 480GB SSD that can be used for game storage, faster than HDDs, but not that good of a SSD, that's why the cheap price:
Amazon.in
budget 4-5k little bit & low is fine if things can work fine.
PC specs R53600,B450Max MOBO,GTX1660 ti..
Actually you all guys help me to get it.
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/need-help-in-building-my-first-ever-gaming-pc.206501/

Also i am thinking about getting the new SSD or HDD(please suggest which should i buy) but do you think is it required? I mean can i use single HDD for very high usage work? I fear it will failed very soon.

mitraark

Decrepit
Personal opinion. I think if you dont need the increased amount of space (1 TB and above), avoid using HDDs. The problem with them is, they get into idle state when not in use, and some apps tend to lag for a second when opening, because i think they respond after the HDDs are in active state again.

Earlier i used to have two SSDs only, and my system (i3 7100/i5 8400) ran blazingly fast, no lag nowhere whatsoever.
I upgraded my cabinet and now use additional 3 HDDs (WD Blue, Seagate 7200, all 7200 rpms) for storage purpose. I often find some apps freezing for that slight second or two after coming from idle. Its not work disrupting issue but definitely a bit of a bother, r/mildlyinfuriating if you may.

OP
Ssangeet

Ssangeet

In the zone
Personal opinion. I think if you dont need the increased amount of space (1 TB and above), avoid using HDDs. The problem with them is, they get into idle state when not in use, and some apps tend to lag for a second when opening, because i think they respond after the HDDs are in active state again.

Earlier i used to have two SSDs only, and my system (i3 7100/i5 8400) ran blazingly fast, no lag nowhere whatsoever.
I upgraded my cabinet and now use additional 3 HDDs (WD Blue, Seagate 7200, all 7200 rpms) for storage purpose. I often find some apps freezing for that slight second or two after coming from idle. Its not work disrupting issue but definitely a bit of a bother, r/mildlyinfuriating if you may.
I dont need the increased amount of space,i just want my pc to work fine ,also dont want my only HDD to overload(before i have two so some apps work there,some here). My main work will be gaming.

I dont need the increased amount of space,i just want my pc to work fine ,also dont want my only HDD to overload(before i have two so some apps work there,some here). My main work will be gaming.
If you have free M.2 slot, get WD SN570 under 4.5k, else Crucial MX500 500GB.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

How is the seagate one performing for you? For how long have you been using the same?

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Amazon.in
Bro budget is 5kish. Need atleast 1.5tb storage space. I was planning to get a 120-240gb ssd, maybe crucial bx or a bit lower and the rest of the budget for hdd. The pc only be used for 2-4 hours a month just for typing work with no high end softwares needed. Unable to find a 2.5" hdd besides seagate. Was looking for Toshiba. Any inputs?

Top Bottom