HDD compatibility for the latest processors and other components

eagercyber

Broken In
Dear Experts,

I have got a 160 GB Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 HDD for my Lenovo Y500 (T5300 @1.73 GHz with 2 GB RAM with a 15.6 inch display).

Is this HDD compatible for the latest i5/i7 processors and higher RAMs like 4/8 GB capacity.

In case I need to retain all my software etc, can I assemble a new laptop with the same HDD but better processors/RAM but a smaller 14 inch display.

Thanks,
Harsha

hems87

Broken In
Dear Experts,

I have got a 160 GB Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 HDD for my Lenovo Y500 (T5300 @1.73 GHz with 2 GB RAM with a 15.6 inch display).

Is this HDD compatible for the latest i5/i7 processors and higher RAMs like 4/8 GB capacity.

In case I need to retain all my software etc, can I assemble a new laptop with the same HDD but better processors/RAM but a smaller 14 inch display.

Thanks,
Harsha

as long as the laptop or desktop that you purchase has a sata port the hdd that you have brought will work (does not matter if you have i5,i7 xeon processor and huge amount of ram) . but its performance may cause a bottleneck as the hdd has the older specifications of SATA 1 (max transfer rate of 1.5 GB/sec) compared to present SATA 3 (6 GB/sec) .

Top Bottom