HD6950 Dirt 3 edition - unlockable to HD6970 - 60 days old

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Hi,
To complete my rig I am in hunt of graphic card with a budget of 12-13K. Today came across a deal of a 60 days old Sapphire HD6950 2GB DDR5 Dirt3 edition. It is unlockable to HD6970. I have screenshots of GPUz with me. Details are as following.

HD6950 before unlocking:
Shaders: 1408
Texture Fillrate: 70.4 GTexel/s

HD6950 after unlocking:
Shaders: 1536
Texture Fillrate: 76.8 GTexel/s

Remaining details including GPU clock and Memory clock are same before and after unlocking. Its 800MHz for GPU clock and 1250MHz for memory clock. After unlocking, BIOS have ONLY extra shaders and NOT BIOS of HD6970. To be a true HD6970 it need to be OCd.

Deal also includes an unused Dirt3 coupon and asking price of whole deal is 15K. I have couple of doubts. I was thinking to sell Dirt 3 coupon and get some cash out of it, 700-800 bucks or more/less ? What are chances of getting it sold ? I mean good, average or none.

Do let me know how is this deal ? My other specs are in siggy.

dibya_kol

In the zone
Dirt3 edition is best gpu in 6950's. But make sure that gpu is in good health, aslo ask him/her about it's worrenty. For 12-14k it's a good deal. If possible pay as much less u can .. :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Dirt3 edition is best gpu in 6950's. But make sure that gpu is in good health, aslo ask him/her about it's worrenty. For 12-14k it's a good deal. If possible pay as much less u can .. :p
What?

Hi,
To complete my rig I am in hunt of graphic card with a budget of 12-13K. Today came across a deal of a 60 days old Sapphire HD6950 2GB DDR5 Dirt3 edition. It is unlockable to HD6970. I have screenshots of GPUz with me. Details are as following.

HD6950 before unlocking:
Shaders: 1408
Texture Fillrate: 70.4 GTexel/s

HD6950 after unlocking:
Shaders: 1536
Texture Fillrate: 76.8 GTexel/s

Remaining details including GPU clock and Memory clock are same before and after unlocking. Its 800MHz for GPU clock and 1250MHz for memory clock. After unlocking, BIOS have ONLY extra shaders and NOT BIOS of HD6970. To be a true HD6970 it need to be OCd.

Deal also includes an unused Dirt3 coupon and asking price of whole deal is 15K. I have couple of doubts. I was thinking to sell Dirt 3 coupon and get some cash out of it, 700-800 bucks or more/less ? What are chances of getting it sold ? I mean good, average or none.

Do let me know how is this deal ? My other specs are in siggy.
Very nice deal, try to pay around 12-13k if possible, cite reasons as upcoming 7850 and stuff.

Dirt 3 could get sold, but would take time, say for 500/-

BTW: Dirt 3 edition is same card as normal edition, it just comes with a dirt 3 coupon.

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Warranty is available.

I just wanna confirm pricing. New one is available for ?
Considering coupon gets sold for 500, should i ask it for around 13.5-13.8k ?
Also it has crossfire bridge. If selling how nuch can be expected from it ?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
new is 16k.

Tkin dirt3 has dual fan cooler and custom pcb. Although not all dual fans carry dirt3 with themselves.
These carry a dual bios switch that unlocks shaders. Check my sig link.

tkin

Back to school!!
new is 16k.

Tkin dirt3 has dual fan cooler and custom pcb. Although not all dual fans carry dirt3 with themselves.
These carry a dual bios switch that unlocks shaders. Check my sig link.
I know that, but that's just an offer, I saw that same card being sold in europe without the Dirt 3 offer, so look for the cooler, the game does not alone make the card better.

On a side note I had seen sapphire give dirt 3 free with reference 6950s as well.

Dirt 3 edition: Sapphire Technology Web Site

Normal Edition: Sapphire Technology Web Site

tkin

Back to school!!
Nothing. Why ? :|
I dunno, since you want to give away money to people(the seller) :p

The rule is this, seller sets a high price, buyer haggles and negotiates an amount, never heard anyone asking to set a fair price, only if all buyers were like you.

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Arey that asked to know at what max I should consider buying. I guess its 13.7-14k.As after selling Dirt 3 it would come to 13-13.4k which should be good for this card.
Please correct me if needed.

tkin

Back to school!!
Arey that asked to know at what max I should consider buying. I guess its 13.7-14k.As after selling Dirt 3 it would come to 13-13.4k which should be good for this card.
Please correct me if needed.
Try to buy it for 13k, then sell the DiRT 3 coupon for 500-600/-

Profit.

Top Bottom