HD4890 on a Corsair TX650

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi,

I ordered a HD4890 and a Corsair TX650. (And various other stuff for my new build)

The problem I am worried about:
The HD4890 needs 2 -- 6 PIN PCI Express Power Connectors. The websites say that the TX650 does not have 6 pin PCI connectors, only 2 --- 8 Pin ones. Will I need to hook up the card, using Molex converters (Molex to 6 pin converter cable). Are these converter cables available at Nehru Place, New Delhi.

It will be kind of irritating to find out that I ordered 50K worth of high end computer parts..and did not think about the cables...!

Link for TX650

thanks for the help..!

Anil

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
it can handle it easily evenif u use a converter cable. Also make sure u connect 2 molex pins into the converter.
*www.tenthousandpercent.com/files/x1900__6pinpcie2molex_118.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ asigh - you will get Molex to 6 pin converter cable with the gfx card. So don't woory. BTW, these two 6 pin pci-e power connector will consume 4 molex connectors of your psu :p

BTW, if you are running out of molex connectors you can always buy molex y-cable. With this you can run two molex devices using a single molex connector. So don't worry.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hey..thanks..to all..for such prompt replies...

I am not worried about the TX650 able to handle the card..I am sure it can..! Was just worried that...will I get the converter (6PIN)...with the powersupply..since it does not have 6 pin connectivity.

The Powercolor 4890 card does not come with a converter..meaning..does not ship with it..as standard accessories...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom