Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush6

Broken In
Hi,
I have a system as follows:
Q6600 @2.4GHz
2X2GB Trancend 800MHz RAM
MSI P7N SLI Platinum Motherboard (NVidia 750i SLI Chipset)
Cooler Master eXtreme power Duo 600W PSU.
Palit 8600GT

I want to upgrade the graphics card to an ATI HD4870, but my motherboard has an Nvidia Chipset so will there be any issues with drivers? Thats Rs 17000, and if thats not an option, the GTX 260 is over Rs. 20K. So I'll have to opt for a 9800GTX+. What do you guys think? Which card should I go for? Is it safe to get a HD4870? Has anyone had any experience with an ATI card on an NVidia chipset.
Thanks all.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The Nvidia chipset doesn't mean that it will run only Nvidia cards.You can easily run an ATI card on it too.It's only when it comes to adding a dual card setup will you be able to stack up only 2 Nvidia cards as it's a SLI motherboard.

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
Thanks.
It has a PCi-e v2.0 x16 slot so I think thats fine. I'll hve to remove the NVidia Display drivers with Driver Sweeper first.

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
I don't have a onboard video solution. So the card should just be plug and play right? - replace, reboot and install the new drivers - assuming I've already removed the old drivers.

OP
K

Kush6

Broken In
Sounds like a nice Idea, but I'd be wary of SLi drivers- not to mention that 9800Gts are not available yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom