HCL MiLeap Classmate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like HCL made some changes to its miserable MiLeap X laptop and called it the MiLeap Classmate laptop.

@ 12K + taxes does not seem bad anymore.

*www.hclstore.in/hcl_mileap_ml03.html

• Intel Celeron M Processor @ 900 MHz,
  • Ubuntu Linux
  • Intel 915GMS Chipset,
  • 512MB DDR2 Ram
  • 30 GB Hard Disc Drive
  • 7" (17.7 cm) Wide (800x480) LCD
  • 2 In-built Speakers
  • Ports: RJ-45, 2-in-1 Card Reader, 2X USB Port,DC-IN, Headphone, Mic-in Built-in Mic
  • WiFi B/G
  • 6 Cell with 4 Hrs Idle Condition, 1.44 Kg
  • 1.44 Kg
  • Weight: 1.44 kg

Anybody got any idea if its worth buying ?

512MB RAM and 900Mhz Celeron ULV on a 30GB HDD (probably 10GB for OS ("/" in linux and C:/ in windows) and 20GB for files (D:/ in windows and "/home" in linux) is enough for an ArchLinux install or a Windows XP Home install.

But how is a 7" screen ? Pathik bought an EEE PC 702 with a 7" screen so I am eager to hear reviews.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
look good but ,, proccy should be ATOM should be priced @ 8K - 10K

price is little high as for this config !! acer aspire one for 17K with tax with 160GB HDD & 1GB ram

This is an old laptop actually. Had arrived before Atom to compete with EEE PC 702 but came @ 14K with 1GB memory. Was a big FLOP. If you notice, the chipset is not the 945GC but the 915GMS and hence for a 6-cell battery the battery life is just 4hrs.

Anyway, where is an Aspire One available for 17K with tax with 160GB HDD and 1GB ram ? Is it WinXP or Linpus ? And does it have a 6-cell battery ?

Coool

I'm Back!:D
Look at this:
*cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180358866289

And apply discount coupon to it and get 1k off!!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Anyway, where is an Aspire One available for 17K with tax with 160GB HDD and 1GB ram ? Is it WinXP or Linpus ? And does it have a 6-cell battery ?

its linpus edition , actually ACER is charging much for windows on the notebook pc also , ya it has 6 cell

acer aspire one is the largest battery backup in the netbook 4-5 hrs backup .

Look at this:
*cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180358866289

And apply discount coupon to it and get 1k off!!
I prefer something which I can buy by walking into a PHYSICAL store in Bangalore.
its linpus edition , actually ACER is charging much for windows on the notebook pc also , ya it has 6 cell

acer aspire one is the largest battery backup in the netbook 4-5 hrs backup .
17K still high IMO for a netbook when you get a full blown celeron single core laptop for 18.5 to 19K.

Its Value for Money which I look for.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
17K still high IMO for a netbook when you get a full blown celeron single core laptop for 18.5 to 19K.

Its Value for Money which I look for.

yes atom proccy is really slow , but ASUS Eee pc is good build quality than Acer ..

i was planned to buy Acer aspire one , but i change my mind got 5738

Anyway, a 900MHz celeron is similar in performance to a 1.8 GHz Atom.
Except for resale value, I think everything is right in this HCL MiLeap Classmate PC. It has all the bare essentials like stereo speakers, mic, etc and 2 USB ports. 512MB RAM is not inferior to 1GB RAM for netbook use. I use ArchLinux with KD4 myself, and unless I am running VirtualBox, RAM usage never crosses the 500MB mark. And 30GB disk space is roughly managable if you use 0.6GB for SWAP, 8.4GB for ROOT and 20GB for HOME.

The GMA900 graphics can effortlessly play older games like UnrealTournament 2004 at the native 800x480 resolution, while due to the high density screen, low details will appear high due to high pixel concentration per area.

And 12.5K for a laptop including tax is pretty awesome.

All I need to know is how is HCL service in Bangalore and how the 7" screen is managable. For this I need opinion of 7" screen users.

k4ce

Youngling
^ i'm not sure if u will have option of 800*480 in most games ... u'll have to settle for 800*600 i guess ... or 640*480

^ i'm not sure if u will have option of 800*480 in most games ... u'll have to settle for 800*600 i guess ... or 640*480
Most games have custom resolution settable. And 640x480 ain't too bad either, even if I need to play with two black strips on either side.
I wouldn't recommend it for anything. I find the screen of my ASUS eeepc small enough.
Really ? What about browsing the internet or blogging or the like ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom