Has the forum server become too slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahim

Married!
I would request Digit to post negative reviews in the Feb issue rather than having "I love Digit", "Good Work", "Fanboys" etc in Digit Mag Inbox.
Jow can they say "Digit is India's Best Tech Magazine"? when it clear Digit has been going downhill after the takeover.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Doesn't work that slow for me! And (No offence intended) hark who's talking! rohan's complaining about the server speed while he himself has spammed the forums earlier :D:D:D.

Its just that the forum gets too much traffic nowadays. As for my case, I only get slow searches, not slow speeds everywhere (I grew up on a 56kbps(actually, 50 bits/s) dialup, so I might not know what to compare to). And yeah, the forum does require some fine tuning, better smileys, working attachments and cheerful people like Fatbeing :D. Also, responsible and old members of this forum should stop spamming here.

OFFTOPIC: By the way, rohan, that new avatar is... creepy! ulti mundi wala avatar behtar tha. (just a suggestion)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yes. The server indeed is slow! Only the admins can fix these issues. Im contemplating that pruning the forum of old threads should do the trick. Cause it seems like a database related issue.

red_devil

Back!
so many of u facing the problem !! i dunno why but i'm not experiencing these 'slow' speeds as much as all of you guys here...yes sometimes the forum does go slow but not always..

@alexanderthegreat

yeh rohan kaun hai bhai ??? use the username when u refer to some member.... you might know who rohan is.. but there are others like me who dont know everyone by their real names...

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
So it isn't just for me then. Coz i just upgrade me BB from 512Kbps to 2Mbps. I am not being online for paste few months and when return back and open forum, shocked to see it took ages to open.I just close and open other sites which is not.Anyways the forum needs some fine tuning as said by others.

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Doesn't work that slow for me! And (No offence intended) hark who's talking! rohan's complaining about the server speed while he himself has spammed the forums earlier :D:D:D.

Its just that the forum gets too much traffic nowadays. As for my case, I only get slow searches, not slow speeds everywhere (I grew up on a 56kbps(actually, 50 bits/s) dialup, so I might not know what to compare to). And yeah, the forum does require some fine tuning, better smileys, working attachments and cheerful people like Fatbeing :D. Also, responsible and old members of this forum should stop spamming here.
You should learn from your own signature. When you don't know what is being discussed, you should best standy and watch, instead of petty picking at other members.

@ n3600,
I am Rohan. My previous username was rohan_shenoy.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Pfff misunderstandings... anyway,
OFFTOPIC:
You should learn from your own signature. When you don't know what is being discussed, you should best standy and watch, instead of petty picking at other members.

Relax dude! As for my signature, I never believed that "You cannot change your fate" stuff, play PoP:WW to know why! Oh, and I clearly stated there, as well as in my signature that I don't mean to offend anyone. THat was just some good light spirited remark (like the one between Yuvraj Singh and Kevin Peitersen). So, feel free to call me a pie chucker, I won't mind:D. Didn't you see the three :Ds? You're facing a change of attitude nowadays, I see. And I didn't just petty picky... thingy, I ALWAYS post ontopic material. Never ever have I posted one liners like +1 and stuff.

I said that it does work fine for me but the forum DOES require some tuning and mentainence because the searches are slow and the attachments and signature images don't work!

Again, I apologize if my remark hurt your sentiments! So end any misunderstandings here please! But I meant that part about your avatar looking creepy ;).

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
This is the slowest of all website which opens in my pc. And most of the time it take even more then half a minute.

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
Well the same question is there in feedback form in this issue of digit...
but i had already thrown the reply cover so i can't send my feedback

red_devil

Back!
i take back my earlier statements... the forum has gone slow as a turtle since this morning...

other site load wonderfully well.. but this one ... nope. takes ages to load [in comparison with other sites]

yea of course ..the forum has become excruciatingly slow .....and the single page thread are somewat "faster" (relative term..to other threads in this forum) but multi pages threads like "Basic Guide, Movie Recommendation, Post ur purchase" etc take 1-1.5 mins on my 2 Mbps line. other sites open in a flash though ....

Indeed this forum requires some tuning from Admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom