Has TATA DoCoMo stopped?

sumit05

In the zone
Has docomo stopped its service because i m not able to recharge.Here in my area the retailers are saying they have stopped recharging docomo.Are all docomo users facing this? Till now no official conformation from Docomo.Share your thoughts.

ULTRON 17

Broken In
Yes, It stopped in Haryana. Other States don't know. Even my friend get message from them to port number to other company. So port ur number as soon as possible.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Already ported my Tata DoCoMo number to Vodafone(4G),some 2 months ago,here at Kolkata Circle.
So,those of whom are having Tata DoCoMo numbers,port to other providers of your choice including JiO.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
T24 is also some how connected with Tata Docomo I guess but so far it's working good but not sure if I should port or not - got T24 from Big Bazaar :D

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
T24 is also some how connected with Tata Docomo I guess but so far it's working good but not sure if I should port or not - got T24 from Big Bazaar :D
Friend, better move on to other providers of your choice and decision. The earlier you switch over, the less hassle and complexity later on.

lutenic

Broken In
some news says Tata docomo has been sold to Airtel ... will take some time for Airtel to adjust Tata users ...

am getting slow net speed (40kbps) via docomo wifi dongle from this month ... hope Airtel does it fast ...

any1 using docomo wifi dongle experiencing speed issues ???

Yes True, TATA customer are being ported to Airtel officially. People should get notification that they are being ported to Airtel soon

quicky008

Technomancer
I've been a docomo user for a fairly long time and of late i've been receiving messages from tata on my phone that say something along the lines of "Dear Customer,the rumours that tata teleservices have ceased operations are completely untrue and false-we continue to provide services as usual".I've received this message on my phone atleast 8-10 times over the past few days-make of that what you will.I live in a region situated in south 24 pgs of WB btw.

Docomo's website still appears to be functional and my sim cards are still working normally-i am yet to receive any notifications or warnings to port my number to some other service provider from tata's end,only time will tell what lies in store for us.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Today I'm seeing this happening for my T24 SIM for the whole day - Changing network, during that switch Phone, temporarily lost network - Anyone having similar experience with their T24 SIM ?

*i.imgur.com/6kE2l47.jpg

*i.imgur.com/McC8FOt.jpg
*imgur.com/6kE2l47

ankushv

Journeyman
Checked my numbers . CDMA and GSM . Still working in Mumbai . Also in Mumbai the GSM now works on 3g without changing sim on Airtel . As in Mumbai circle previously Tata docomo was 2g only . Also note that although my phone is 4G with Tata sim catching the airtel network ... the sim can only work upto 3g no 4G airtel for my sim at least as of now .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

nac

Aspiring Novelist
The same is being happening for Aircel too?

They can't abruptly stop the service unnoticed, right? Pretty much everything is linked with mobile number (aadhaar, gas, bank...).

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yes Aircel also has stopped suddenly from today morning I guess. One friend from Chennai has confirmed.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I have two people from Chennai who reported they aren't getting network since today morning in their Aircel SIMs.

quicky008

Technomancer
For the last few days my phone containing my docomo sim has been switching over to "IND AIRTEL" network from "Tata Docomo" while remaining on standby-whenever this happens i can't make and receive any calls whatsoever until and unless i restart the phone(strangely however,data services still seem to work though),which is really a major irritant.Has anyone else faced this issue with docomo?Is there any possible way to stop this auto-switching of my phone to airtel's network?

Btw my phone happens to be a motorola g2 x1068.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why are you sticking with docomo in the first place?Issues like these are the signs telling you to port your number to airtel as soon as possible or you may face the same fate as those of aircel customers.

quicky008

Technomancer
Aren't docomo numbers automatically supposed to be integrated with airtel's network,given that airtel has acquired docomo's telecom business?

Can you tell me what do i need to do if i want to port my number to airtel?Can i retain the original docomo sim that i currently have or do i have to get a new one to avoid any compatibility issues?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not aware about "technical integration" of existing docomo sims.You can call airtel customer care/visit airtel store(preferred) for confirmation(as you said docomo is now owned by airtel so may be all you need is an upgraded airtel sim).Porting is not possible I think as technically docomo network is no longer a separate network from airtel.

Top Bottom