Has anyone experienced Ethernet Over Power (EOP).. Is it available in India??

raj1988at

Broken In
Hello.. fed-up with low wifi signal of my router i was scrounging through the internet to get a good reception away from the router.. and stumbled scross a new thing(at least to me) called EOP, in which an adapter enables household power wiring to carry internet frequencies which can be accessed at any power socket in the house through a similar adapter..
I am wondering if such a technology exists in India, cuz I've not heard of this before..

Why I Switched to Ethernet Over Power | Daily Cup of Tech
TL-PA211KIT - Welcome to TP-LINK

Please guide..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is the country which faced the world's biggest power blackout last year affecting ~600 million people for hours & where 8-10 hour power cuts are normal for 90% of the country in summer so i would say NO.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hello.. fed-up with low wifi signal of my router i was scrounging through the internet to get a good reception away from the router.. and stumbled scross a new thing(at least to me) called EOP, in which an adapter enables household power wiring to carry internet frequencies which can be accessed at any power socket in the house through a similar adapter..
I am wondering if such a technology exists in India, cuz I've not heard of this before..

Why I Switched to Ethernet Over Power | Daily Cup of Tech
TL-PA211KIT - Welcome to TP-LINK

Please guide..
Dude, this is an experimental tech being rolled out in selected EU/USA locations afaik, forget India.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
best solution to low router signal is buy a model with detachable antenna(TP-LINK has a good one for ~2800) then buy a powerful(or two) antenna(again from TP-LINK for ~600) & replace default one with this antenna & enjoy 2 times powerful signal.

tkin

Back to school!!
best solution to low router signal is buy a model with detachable antenna(TP-LINK has a good one for ~2800) then buy a powerful(or two) antenna(again from TP-LINK for ~600) & replace default one with this antenna & enjoy 2 times powerful signal.
This...

Top Bottom