Hardware Problem.....Urgent help needed ....!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay4u

In the zone
Hi people,

I have an Pinnacle TV Tuner card. I have win SP2 installed. I installed Direct X 9b. Then i try installing Pinnacle driver. For this i used CDSpace ( an virtual image software ). The TV tuner got installed. But now both my drives Samsung CDRW and CDSpace Virtual Drive is missing. And The TV Tuner card does not start.

In device manager this is the message i am getting following message for all the 3 devices... Samsung CDRW, CDSpace Virtual CD and Pinnacle PCTV Stereo PAL Capture Device.

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

And this one for CDRW

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I tried uninstalling the devices and reinstalling it. also tried Troubleshooting it but in vain. Please help. I wanna use my CDRW immediately.... I cant reinstall Windows and all those stuff.

Sourabh

Laptoping
well pctv default drivers have compatibility issues with xp sp2

so i would say,

1) If you have Nero 6 Installed you need to uninstall it. It causes problems with PCTV.. Or download an updated version I believe there is a patch available..

2) Then goto ftp://ftp.pinnaclesys.de/driver/pc/pctv and download the pctvstereofix.zip file from there.

3) Extract all files to a folder and then go to Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager and then select the PCTV card.. It should show that it it is not properly installed and then click to update the drivers and then tell it to search into the folder where you extracted the above files. It should install the new drivers and now your PCTV should work fine

now after the cards is up and running on the PCTV vision ( which su*ks like hell, use Chris TV the best thing tht ever happened to my PCTV STEREO) then u can sort out the probs with the optical drivers urself

post abt ur findings

OP
jay4u

jay4u

In the zone
Thanks

The fix file is now called PCTVStereo_WinXP_SP2_WHQL.exe and can be found in the PCTV Stereo folder

ftp://ftp.pinnaclesys.de/driver/pc/pctv/PCTV Stereo/PCTVStereo_WinXP_SP2_WHQL.exe

But my problem with Samsung CDRW still continues. Please help. Cant live without CDRW. Its not properly installed and says in the device manager tab...

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Sourabh

Laptoping
and forgot to say this in the PM, uninstall the devices and restart windows in safe mode and c wht happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom