hardisk partion disappeared

rickson23

The Pirate King
I just install re-installed windows on C drive.
but my E drive doesnt show up now.
D drive is visible.please help

Flake

Linux User
Type diskmgmt.msc in Run dialog box. Does Disk Management list E: Drive? Post screenshot of it, if possible.

OP
R

rickson23

The Pirate King
screenshot is ready.how do i post it

it is listed as new volume.

i hope u can see the screenshot

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    78 KB · Views: 85

katiyar_v

Right off the assembly line
hi,as per your screen shot it shows that u installed OS in extended partition in place of primary partition..that's why some files installed in primary partition n rest in c drive. try to right click your primary partition n try to assign a drive letter to your partition..hop u will get all your data which is in this partition.and after that back up your data in other partition and reformatted your system and installed OS in primary part ion.the problem will be resolved.

OP
R

rickson23

The Pirate King
hi,as per your screen shot it shows that u installed OS in extended partition in place of primary partition..that's why some files installed in primary partition n rest in c drive. try to right click your primary partition n try to assign a drive letter to your partition..hop u will get all your data which is in this partition.and after that back up your data in other partition and reformatted your system and installed OS in primary part ion.the problem will be resolved.

Thanks,it worked.I backed up data.
What do i do next ?
Where should I Install Windows again and what about the already installed Windows?
below is screenshot of latest disk mgmt

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom