H-E-L-P I was challanged that Suse is 'not' free

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

In the zone
H-E-L-P I was challanged that Suse is 'not' free . And I have to prove that it is free . what I am talking about is suse linux 9.3 prof . How can I give support for myself ?. My challenger is saying that suse 9.3 is 90 days eval version only . is that true ?

H e l p

Satissh S

Youngling
What!!?? Suse is absolutely free!!!??? Who says it's not???
Suse is free and you need to register in their website with the registration key for technical support ONLY and not for using it.. I have been using it for sometime now. You don't have to pay if you don't need technical support.

OP
R

reddragon

In the zone
I know that I know that I know that.. BUT HOW I can PROVE TO HIM?

I want some rock-solid proof that it is free

just asking: were the earlier vertions not free ? :arrow:

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
OpenSuse is free.The name has it....or are you talking about Suse 9.3 (its not free its an eval version)

Satissh S

Youngling
are you talking about Suse 9.3 (its not free its an eval version)
But i have been using suse 9.3 for some time now, are you sure viggy.It does not say anything like that. It can be shared too.
May be i have opensuse instead of suse, but it does not display any change in logo. And one more thing, it does not contain 3rd party software such as mp3 and wma pluggins , nvidia drivers etc., i d\l them from the net. So that says that it's free version.
I saw this in their Website that only registration to suse portal requires you to register by providing the license key. This is confusing. :roll:

cyberia.in

In the zone
You get everything except the support for free. Of course, you'll have to install some software yourself as mentioned above.

Satissh S

Youngling
B'coz of legal reasons. Suse 9.1 had all the drivers bundled but not suse 9.3. Mandrake 10.1 actually came out much b4 suse 9.3, If you see it has gimp 2.0 and not gimp 2.2. And you would not have nvidia drivers with mandrake. I also use a nvidia card and mandrake 10.1 does not have nvidia drivers, though it detects the card well.

Satissh S

Youngling
goto runlevel 2:~
1. Press ctrl+alt+F2
2. type init 2 press <enter>
3. goto folder where you saved the file and issue sh NVIDIA<just press tab to autocomplete the filename> . Enter.
If you want to specify kernel source b4 the installation. give parameter --kernel-source <give the source of your kernel, usually /usr/src>
Give parametre --help for more options. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom