Guide: Which Smartphone to buy under budget of Rs. 20,000?

anmolksharma

Broken In
A sum of Rs. 20,000 is a niche budget for majority of prospective smartphone customers to buy their phones who are either upgrading from their old smartphones or even those who are buying smartphones for the first time.

As always is the case with smartphone market - it is flooded with models ranging from 'n' number of mobile phone manufacturing companies. With the chinese players getting popular in recent times - the competition among companies and confusion among buyers is at the peak.

Let's take a closer look at the selected five models which must be on your shopping list before you take a plunge and buy a phone.

Motorola Moto G

Price - Rs. 10,999

Overview - Motorola Moto G - 2nd generation is the most popular phone in the sub 20k category. Retailing for Rs. 10,999, it is a no-nonsense, reliable and value for money android phone that provides an excellent smartphone experience in this budget.

Moto G2 is powered by Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 Processor, Adreno 305 GPU, 1 GB RAM, 8GB Internal memory with SD card support upto 32GB, Dual SIM support, 8MP primary camera + 2MP secondary camera, 2070 mah battery, 5 inches IPS LCD with Android 5.0 Lollipop Operating System.

Pros - Stereo Speakers, Stereo for money, test android updates, Specifications, Camera, Screen quality, Gorilla Glass protection, Build quality

Cons - Same old processor and memory as in 1st gen, Non-removable battery, a bit too common these days.

Rating - 8/10

Xiaomi Mi4i

Price - Rs. 12,999

Overview - Xiaomi Mi4i is one of the most capable phones in sub-20k category which screams value for money as well as performance. With Xiaomi phones getting popular with each passing day and adapting well in Indian market - it is giving tough competition to old national and international settled players in the market which includes the likes of Samsung & HTC.

Mi4i is powered by Quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53 Processor, Adreno 405 GPU, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Dual SIM, 13MP primary camera + 5MP Secondary camera, 3120 mah Li-ion Battery, 5 inches IPS LCD screen with MIUI 6.0 and Android OS, v5.0.2 Lollipop.

Pros - Performance, value for money, camera, battery life, screen, build quality

Cons - Reported heating issues, unreliable after sales service, Xiaomi's selling model via only flipkart, no sd card support

Rating - 8.5/10

HTC Desire 626G Plus

Price - Rs. 14,250

Overview - HTC Desire 626G plus is a phone for those who want excellent build quality, premium looks, brand value with decent performance. Many people aren't ok with Xiaomi and many finds Moto G too common - so for them HTC Desire 626G plus is a phone worth considering.

HTC Desire 626G Plus is powered by Mediatek MT6752 Octa-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 Processor, 1 GB RAM, Mali-T760MP2 GPU, 8GB internal memory with 32 GB expandable SD card support, Dual SIM, 13 MP Primary camera + 5 MP Primary camera, 2000 mah Li-Po battery, 5.0 inches capacitive touchscreen and Android OS, v4.4.4 KitKat.

Pros - Build quality, screen, user interface, looks, HTC brand

Cons - Low internal memory for power user, slightly less RAM and battery life.

Rating - 7.5/10

Xiaomi Mi 4

Price - Rs. 17,999

Overview - The popularity and worth of Xiaomi phones can be considered by the fact that out of 5 shortlisted phones for this article, 2 are of Xiaomis! Xiaomi Mi 4 is one of the best selling performance phone in this segment and without a doubt - it is becoming a headache for local players - Did I heard Micromax?

Mi 4 comes with Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400 processor, 3 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, 16 GB internal memory, 13 MP primary + 8 MP secondary camera, 5.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive screen and Android OS v4.4.3 KitKat with MIUI 5.0 UI.

Pros - Performance, Value for money pricing, looks, decent battery life

Cons - After sales support issues, reported heating problems, no external sd card support

Rating - 8.5/10

Asus Zenfone 2

Price - Rs. 19,999

Overview - The Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML simple screams performance. It is the phone which has the most mouth watering specs in this segment. Yes, 4 GB RAM! Ever heard in an android smartphone withing 20k? Not only on performance lines - Asus has built this phone beauifully yet stringently!

Zenfone 2 - ZE551ML variant is equipped with Intel Atom Z3580 Quad-core 2.3 GHz Processor, PowerVR G6430 GPU, 4 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory with SD card support, 13 MP primary + 5 MP secondary camera, 5.5 inches IPS screen, 3000 mah battery and Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop)

Pros - Excellent Performance and Value for money pricing, HD screen, primary camera, storage capacity, looks, decent battery life

Cons - Reported heating issues while charging, front camera lighting issues, ASUS bloatwares

Rating - 9.5/10

Just highlight phone names by keeping it in bold....
Zenfone 2 camera isn't good, primary one.... Any phone with Sony IMX214 sensor will beat it easily... Also some games have issues with intel SoCs so they don't perform well as it does on any ARM SoC (games will run but not as good as it runs on a similar benchmark score ARM SoC)

I guess Huawei Honor 6 & Meizu m1 note are also good buy under 20k

But then there is already a guide made by sam, which he updates every month...

OP
anmolksharma

anmolksharma

Broken In
I have used zenphone 2 camera. I agree that it is not best in class like that of htc but it is decent enough. Asus need to work on photos lightning properly as the photos being captured from front camera is pretty low. Back camera is fine as such.

Techguy

In the zone
Moto G: Cons - "A bit too common". How on Earth is that a con?

'iPhones - theyre nice, but they're too common'
OP, seriously read your stuff before you post.

OP
anmolksharma

anmolksharma

Broken In
Moto G: Cons - "A bit too common". How on Earth is that a con?

'iPhones - theyre nice, but they're too common'
OP, seriously read your stuff before you post.

I Seriously read my stuff before posting. Whenever something becomes too common, it surely becomes a con - it loses its sense of exclusivity and people tend to start avoiding it for something else. You agree/disagree - doesn't matters.

Techguy

In the zone
I Seriously read my stuff before posting. Whenever something becomes too common, it surely becomes a con - it loses its sense of exclusivity and people tend to start avoiding it for something else. You agree/disagree - doesn't matters.

Oh really? iPhones are common; don't see too many people avoiding them.
Have seen plenty of Samsung/Xperia flagships; people don't seem to be avoiding those.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
A suggestion: Use some formatting - enlarge the phone names for starters. Break the specifications of the phone, too, maybe?

Oh really? iPhones are common; don't see too many people avoiding them.
Have seen plenty of Samsung/Xperia flagships; people don't seem to be avoiding those.

I believe it to be a con too. "Pros" and "Cons" are too subjective anyway!
I think it's better to just get over the fact that you disagree with something being a con and take it out of the factors you're considering in that phone. Simple.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Can someone suggest an android phone within 20 K? No chinese models please!. This is for my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone Please?

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Get the Galaxy S5. Its currently available for 20k on Flipkart. Really sweet price. Doesn't get any better than that and this is coming from Samsung hater.

Top Bottom