Guide me To defrag my phone memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krazyfrog

No, u cannot defrag your phone memory, cause there is no need for it.
Btw, AFAIK, only hard drives can be defragmented, not flash memories. Defragmentation in hard drives causes the different parts of a file to come together. This makes it easier(and faster) for the drive to access the file. There is no such need in flash storage since there are no moving parts. I'm not sure about all this though.

OP
K

k_blues24

Journeyman
@ krazyfrog,
I am using SE Z550i & it had 24MB free memory at the time of purchase. After adding some mp3, images, ( all these strored on the phone memory ) now I have 18MB free memory. But my phone is little bit slow ( maybe due to new theme ) thats why I want to defrag it. As u said it can not be defrag, ok but tell me other solutions also. thanks.

K

krazyfrog

Why didn't you mention those things before? Anyway the slowdown is most probably due to theme. Themes may look good but have a tendency to slow things down, especially if they are of large file size. Try using another theme. And don't use phone memory to store data. Use memory card instead. Buy a bigger capacity if the one you have is insufficient.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well all things mentioned above fine except that for things like themes etc. which is applied to the phone as whole, store them in phone memory. there's always a certain lag in accessing the external memory. unload ur phone of all the ringers/pictures. store them on the mem stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom