GTX 760 or AMD R9-270X/280X

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
You are comparing AMD R9 280X with GTX 760 no comparision, because R9 280X has 13% higher benchmarks from GTX 760 and only 4% less from GTX 770. If R9 280X OC then this card can easily beat 770 capable to compete with Nvidia GTX 780 dude.

Got for it :)

at stock the 770 beats the 280X by small margin , and at OC it out-forms the 280X across almost al games upto even 14%

HARDOCP - Overclocked Apples to Apples - MSI R9 280X GAMING Video Card Review

after the price cut its now 329$, if it gets available in india around 25k, then it will be best buy.

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
at stock the 770 beats the 280X by small margin , and at OC it out-forms the 280X across almost al games upto even 14%

HARDOCP - Overclocked Apples to Apples - MSI R9 280X GAMING Video Card Review

after the price cut its now 329$, if it gets available in india around 25k, then it will be best buy.

I know but i already ordered the 760 for 16.4k + 2 free games :p + 10$ rebate card

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I know but i already ordered the 760 for 16.4k + 2 free games :p + 10$ rebate card

very good, thats really a superb deal. in terms of performance you and i are in the same league now. That card will serve you well.

@bavu, use the Canada opportunity and grab a 770 now! prices are slashed

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
very good, thats really a superb deal. in terms of performance you and i are in the same league now. That card will serve you well.

@bavu, use the Canada opportunity and grab a 770 now! prices are slashed

Ok, I didn't check the slashed prices. Will check up and ask my sister... Well thanks anyways.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Ok, I didn't check the slashed prices. Will check up and ask my sister... Well thanks anyways.

check this out...for $340, also there are other 770's out there with slashed 329$ units, grab them soon, coming with 3 game bundles, Acreed Black Flag, Batman AO and Splinter Cell Black List

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX770 w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready (02G-P4-2773-KR) Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2773-KR: Electronics

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
check this out...for $340, also there are other 770's out there with slashed 329$ units, grab them soon, coming with 3 game bundles, Acreed Black Flag, Batman AO and Splinter Cell Black List

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX770 w/EVGA ACX Cooler 2GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready (02G-P4-2773-KR) Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2773-KR: Electronics

I also had the chance to grab the 770 for 340$ but i prefered not to because soon maxwell and pirate islands will be coming up also with mantle and new gen consoles future of gaming hardware is very blurry.. Hence i decided to save the extra 5,000rs to invest in my next gpu which will be a 20nm technology and may also support dx12 and mantle :)
Because for now [atleast this year] the 760 is enough to max all games at 1080p

Also rather than buying 770 for 340$ = 21k , i'd give 2.4k extra and get a 280X because
1. It has 3gigs of vram [good fore future proofing and modding games]
2. Almost same performance like 770
3. Indian warranty
4. Full support of dx11.2 and mantle
5. Better bang for buck and more futureproof

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I also had the chance to grab the 770 for 340$ but i prefered not to because soon maxwell and pirate islands will be coming up also with mantle and new gen consoles future of gaming hardware is very blurry.. Hence i decided to save the extra 5,000rs to invest in my next gpu which will be a 20nm technology and may also support dx12 and mantle :)
Because for now [atleast this year] the 760 is enough to max all games at 1080p

Also rather than buying 770 for 340$ = 21k , i'd give 2.4k extra and get a 280X because
1. It has 3gigs of vram [good fore future proofing and modding games]
2. Almost same performance like 770
3. Indian warranty
4. Full support of dx11.2 and mantle
5. Better bang for buck and more futureproof

congo on you're purchase, happy gaming, but some wrong perceptions over there, since you dont know any dates when maxwell and pirated islands will hit india, and since the current techs are just doing good with healthy competition, its too unwise to predict and wait for the future tech to come rescue in VFM war. You want more perf/buck in future , of course there will be, but you can say the same thing then as well, "i will wait for XXXwell or XXXislands coz they will be future proof, more power etc etc" and so on and so forth...so what MAY happen in future and what IS now, is no where there to compare.

Mantle is not implemented now, even you can write you're own mantle, its not that significant, then getting a card with 2.4K extra with same (less actually, lesser in OC) performance with the other ??... :D

11.1 will do well enough is games right now, no company is stupid enough to skip such support in future just to ruin business in a upgrade platform. if you bought 760, its a very good deal indeed.

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
congo on you're purchase, happy gaming, but some wrong perceptions over there, since you dont know any dates when maxwell and pirated islands will hit india, and since the current techs are just doing good with healthy competition, its too unwise to predict and wait for the future tech to come rescue in VFM war. You want more perf/buck in future , of course there will be, but you can say the same thing then as well, "i will wait for XXXwell or XXXislands coz they will be future proof, more power etc etc" and so on and so forth...so what MAY happen in future and what IS now, is no where there to compare.

Mantle is not implemented now, even you can write you're own mantle, its not that significant, then getting a card with 2.4K extra with same (less actually, lesser in OC) performance with the other ??... :D

11.1 will do well enough is games right now, no company is stupid enough to skip such support in future just to ruin business in a upgrade platform. if you bought 760, its a very good deal indeed.

How will you counter the point of getting Indian warranty?
Also i am not one of those people who want's every single eyecandy and maxing out game is his life goal. I don't mind playing games on medium, i just want them to look good ,for which i think the 760 is enough.

ATM i am playing games like borderlands 2, batman arkham asylum etc on lowest settings 720p [on 1080p monitor] and i still enjoy them :)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
its ok, i already pointed out the 760 is hell of a deal, i discussed the "future proof" and performance aspect in you're post.

Top Bottom