GTA Vice City Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aakash

Broken In
I have GTA Vice City installed in my computer. I have Windows XP SP1 and the config is
Intel 865, 2.8 Ghz (HT), 256 DDR Ram. When i start a new game and at the first video the game stops and after some 10 sec the message comes smth like this :
" Windows recovered some device faliure. Restart to restore this." HELP ME

KHUBBU

Journeyman
In my case it diddn't gave this error. there was some blue screen( not the windows error blue screen) flashing and then back to desktop.

I think gfx cards r a must for playing it.

OP
A

aakash

Broken In
the same game worked in my friend's pc who had no graphics card. His config was Athlon 2400, 256 DDr Ram ??? Now what?

It_is_Andrew

Broken In
Run the games again --- after the error occurs go to 'Event Viewer'( under administrative tools) and look for the errors that occured at that time in 'application' & 'system' section--- post them here.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
compatibility modes

Also u could try the different compatibilty modes for the exe. right click on the exe select properties. U should see a tab which says compatibility mode. The rest in self explainatory. I would that u try Windows 98/Me mode....

OP
A

aakash

Broken In
I have tried the compatibilty mode also if i paste the savegame files they work. Any other idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom