GTA san andres eror

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohitgiri

Journeyman
i installed gta san andres but after when thje installation completed. the eror is show gta an andreas encounted a eror and need to close. i m confused.
i hjav a 512+256 ram and intel orig 865 bord and pentium d procesor. al things r advanced. then what is probleam help me

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Are your Gfx. drivers Updated, btw which Gfx. card are you using?

Defragment the Drive where GTA SA resides. give attention to the Defragment analyze Report, if only the "gta3.img" is defragmented, then Cut it- paste it on another drive & then again cut it->Paste it to its original location. this method will save some time. (as defragment process is slow).

Make sure your game disk is in the DVD Drive when you play. :D

OP
mohitgiri

mohitgiri

Journeyman
i have intel 865 bord with on bord graphic card and 512 mb ram.

i did not understand and plz describe me in detail and step by step

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@mohitgiri,
=>Delete gta_sa.set file from =>"C:\Documents and Settings\<User Account>\My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files"

=>now run the Game. If you still get that error then proceed...

=>Run a Registry Scan using a good registry scanner. (e.g. TuneUp Utilites 2006 trial)

=>Clear all the junk files from your PC. for this use CCleaner

=>now run the game.

For Defragmentation

=>Open the Defragmenter Program, select the drive (where you installed GTA SA) & click "Analyze".
=>Now after Analysis read the "Analysis Report", & if you see this file=> "gta3.img"<==, then goto this folder=>"X:\GTA San Andreas\models" (X: is the drive letter), cut "gta3.img" & paste it on other Drive (partiton), & then again cut that file from new location & paste it back to its original location.

do the above Provided that the Defragmenter Program does not suggest to Defragment that Drive

when you do this, the defragmented file gets copied as a "contiguous file" in the new location.

---------------------
*smilies.sofrayt.com/aiw/offtopic.gif
MODS, is it legal to post link to any NO-CD Patch for games.
Of course just to preserve the Original Game Disk. :)

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if you've the original Microsoft Windows XP, then proceed...

i found this in the GTA-Forums, posted by user->"solid74 "
Ok, first of all, I know how many countless types of computer configurations there are out there, so this will not apply to everyone. But, I have a simple fix for the error where GTA SA wont load on startup, before the intro movie.
Microsoft, in its infinite wisdom, seems to put out these security updates all the time that all look generic and really don't tell us what they do at all. And, we download them in the auto update thingy thinking Microsoft knows what it is doing and has tested them for all contingencies. But, that is impossible of course.

A security update posted a short while back has prevented several games from working, including GTA SA. I had a pretty entertaining conversation with a Rockstar rep this morning about this very thing. Needless to say, they are not pleased with Microsoft right now.

The update in question is "Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)". All you have to do is go to "add/remove programs" and select "show updates" near the top. It will load everything you have installed, and scroll down to the evil update, click remove (ignore the silly Microsoft warning), and bingo! All fixed!

Link to post-> I HAVE A FIX! in "GTAForums.com » GTA Series » GTA San Andreas » Troubleshooting Section"

About Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422)

A security issue has been identified in the Windows Kernel that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it.

Link->Download Center

Do it on your own RISK.

Last edited:

dareprasanna

Broken In
Check out for any dll missing error messages, if so u can download them by giving the missing dll file as shown in the error message by googling and paste in ur game installed folder(I too experienced the same problem now its fixed and working fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom