GTA IV - Choppy Gameplay.

ageless

Broken In
Hello Digit/Skoar,

I have recently purchased GTA IV from Flipkart.

*www.flipkart.com/grand-theft-auto-...srno=s_2&otracker=from-search&query=GTA IV PC

Hoping that Rockstar would have ironed out all glitches but i was wrong.

The game though installs fine.Starts Fine.Even in-game cinematics run fine.But the main problem is of Gameplay, though i have a pretty decent PC and in-game benchmark also gave my PC, FPS rating of 60.Still when i play the game the frame rate is 5 or even less.I don't know what to do...please help!!

I even installed latest patch but then the game refused to even start.

I updated my graphics driver but still the same issue.

I am running Win 7 64bit.
My Specs are as follows - i7-920, 275GTX, 24GB RAM.

Please Help!!...

Much thanks.

Reloaded

In the zone
Re: GTA V - Choppy Gameplay.

Install Games for windows marketplace client. It should solve the problem.

ribhu97

The Dragonborn(Dovahkiin)

Seriously @ageless don't post that u hv 24gb of RAM.....As far as I can see 3 out of 4 people only asked abt it instead of solving ur problem......
BTW sumtimes u hv to manually add games as supported through the nvidia control panel.....it worked 4 me :-D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

24GB ram lol

btw.. you should really check your thread headers. GTAV gameplay.. :|

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!

Man u have GTA V as thread topic ////

I recovered from a heart attack :p

OP
A

ageless

Broken In
@ribhu97 - Doing that currently and installing latest patch...

i saw in the list that there was icon of GTA IV, also if my graphic card was unable to detect the game, why my in-game cinematics were running fine??...my GC must have detected the game.Still will check the thing again.

@Reloaded - Installed.Still the same issue.

@ rajnusker theserpent RON28
anirbandd

- I am a game artist and i need extra RAM for pushing millions and millions of polygons in 3d apps.

Sorry guys for wrong header.

@vamsi_krishna - Thank you for changing the header.

why can't Rockstar social Club install the latest patch automatically...why i have to search it??

Still also trying your advice.Lets see...

The latest patch which i downloaded was v1.0.7....

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
Try reinstalling, patch it to 1.0.7.0 if you will play mp or 1.0.4.0 for sp, run game selecting dGpu

Be sure to have games for windows live installed ;)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Uninstall the game. Install it again. This time... don't use auto update, Install 1.04 patch and block the game launcher in your firewall to keep it away from auto updating.

pratyush997

Inactive
Uninstall the game. Install it again. This time... don't use auto update, Install 1.04 patch and block the game launcher in your firewall to keep it away from auto updating.
The live client is the thing which updates and in the middle of Game!
Disabling it in Firewall will block Login

OP
A

ageless

Broken In
Yo guys!!...I uninstalled and installed it again for the fourth time applied latest patch v1.0.7 and walah...my game started to.work like a charm but my happiness was shortlived, as now when I restart my pc my pc dosen't start immediately although my mb light is on but my processor fan doesn't start.ystrday same thing happened but it started after a while and then wen I ws in os my time and date settings were gone back to jan 2002, also I could.not open even webpages ofgoogle.or anything as it displayed some.error regarding certificates...nw all of this happens wen I install GTA with latest patch.earlier my pc was running fine....ne ideas as to what could be wrong???....one thing I also want to.add is wen I first tym restarted my pc it started but only for a short while, nw it dosent even start.

I am also thinking it might be my smps as I was finding some sparks in there off late

Last edited:
Top Bottom