Grumpy DvD Drive , Need help.

7shivam9

Broken In
I have a LG DVD Drive (Super Multi (Dont know exact name))
Its Acting Wierd since few days.

I have most of my Stuff in DVD's , So I use DVD drive more often.
I have Dozens of Burned DVD's .. Since few days.. some of the dvds Work properly will good speed... but some of the dvds just dont Read. :|

Few Moserbaer DVD's Work.. some of the dont..
Digit Dvd's work :wink:

I thought the dvds might be faulty but they are almost new (no scratches or marks ) , i tried them on my friends computer. they work like Charm :shock: No problems at all.

I thought its a hardware fault.. So Opened the CPU and Re-Installed all the Sata and power cables.
I even exchanged the HDD's Sata cabel with DVD's , Still it didnt worked.
So , I thought my Windows mught be faulty , Im currently using windows Xp .. yah :oops: ... So I wanted to Install Windows 7 , but the Windows 7 DVD too Didnt Read :'( Not even in the Boot Menu .

(Im not sure if this is the correct section )Need your suggestions , tips , tricks,jugad's etc.

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
Well , Guys that was the 1'st thing came to my mind. I don't have a USB , the one I have is 4Gb (3.7 gb something) So the Windows Bootable Software Shows a Low Disk Space error.

Ill get some other 8GB USB and Try it . Thanks for your replies. :)

So Opened the CPU and Re-Installed all the Sata and power cables.

Dude, CPU and cabinet are not the same things. CPU is a processor which is inserted on motherboard. Cabinet is... you probably know it. Please don't refer to cabinet as CPU, it's really dumb :wink:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Well , Guys that was the 1'st thing came to my mind. I don't have a USB , the one I have is 4Gb (3.7 gb something) So the Windows Bootable Software Shows a Low Disk Space error.

Ill get some other 8GB USB and Try it . Thanks for your replies. :)

that 4 GB pendrive is enough for windows 7.

OP
7shivam9

7shivam9

Broken In
Sorry for late reply .. but I sorted out the Problem. :)
The Windows 7 DVD I was using turned to be Faulty .. So I Got a New Copy of Windows 7 Dvd from a Friend and tried installing...
But that windows 7 DVD Setup was getting Stuck at "Expanding windows Files @ 0% . So I Rested my Bios for that.. and Tried installing .. It went Smoothly."

+ Those DVD's which were not getting Read in Windows XP are working Perfectly :-D

Top Bottom