growing size of a partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

agm_105

Broken In
hi there
i have tius wierd prblm . i have win 2000 on c drive & win xp pro sp1 on d drive . i use xp only .both this parition are of 5 gb . few days back d drive was showing 1.54gb as free space { 3 weeks approx } yesterday its showed just showed 897 mb free space. i thought the my documents ,pics are taking to much sapce so i moved them to another partition . but the free space is still decresing . today i checked it it was 749 mb i hevent installed a new program . i have uninstalled unwanted programs to free up space.what seems to be the prblm i dont know :?:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Check if u hv a Windows-managed swapfile on D:\. When Windows manages th swap-file, it can increase or decrease th size of th file as and when required.

OP
A

agm_105

Broken In
Kl@w-24 said:
Check if u hv a Windows-managed swapfile on D:\. When Windows manages th swap-file, it can increase or decrease th size of th file as and when required.

where i can check the swap file ??
i have checked for virus no virus found { mcafee virus }

sms_solver

In the zone
I guess it is due to the feature of WindowsXP called
System Restore.

Clean your drive D:\
Right Click D:\ drive and select Properties.
-> There you have to find clearing Restores..

iinfi

mekalodu
go to myComputer and right click the drive on which u have installed Win XP ...select properties and click DiskCleanup ....... and click OK ..... all unwanted temp files will b cleared .............. IF THIS DOES NOT WORK ..... just reinstall Win XP on the same Drive ....... over the existing one and ur problem is solved...
regards
arvind

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
one more thing ...
my friend also had similar problem ..
it eventually turned out that culprit was Norton

check if you've enable Norton Protection in Recycle Bin ..
Purge all norton protected files and see if it helps
I wud suggest to disable this option ... completely unneccessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom