Graphics Driver stopped responding...

ratzee199

Journeyman
Currently I am having a Desktop PC with the following SPECS:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 12 GB RAM DDR 3 (4GB x 3)
Mother Board: Asus P8Z68-V
SMPS: Corsair 550V
Graphics Card: Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

For last 4 / 5 months, I was using Windows 10 64 bit, without any issues. Few weeks back, I tried to install the latest graphics card driver and after that time onward, my system is getting restarted with an error message, DISPLAY DEVICE DRIVER STOPPED RESPONDING, and RECOVERED. I was not able to play any high end games such as Hitman: Absolution / or not even able to browse through Chrome as well.

Then I reformatted, my system and did a fresh installation of Windows 7 64 bit ultimate. Installed the necessary drivers etc. But the moment, I installed the latest driver for graphics card for Windows 7 64 bit, again I faced with the same issue. Display was not there, though the system was loading / working . I had rebooted in SAFE MODE, uninstalled the driver, and again I got the display back.

Is it an issue with the graphics card itself? Or is there anything else? Without the latest driver, I can watch movies/listen to music or browse without any issue. I have even tried to do some tweaking in registry, as mentioned in various websites...but no solution.

Whenever I tried to reboot the system with advance option: LAST KNOWN WORKING CONFIGURATION; the Operating System started to delete a lot of different files related with the latest graphics drivers and dll files.

Please let me know if this is a problem with the graphics card or anything else.

supergamer

supa supa
Sounds like a TDR issue. Rollback drivers till you find a stable one and stick to it.
Your GPU is very old now and new drivers won't really improve any performance. So just stay on last stable drivers.

Top Bottom