Graphics Confusion ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chetan.g

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

I really want some suggestion on two graphics card, wel, after exhaustive research I found two graphics card which can play the latest DX 11 and HD games..

1: ATI Radeon HD 5850

2: ATI Radeon HD 5750

My budget is 12 to 15k . Please suggest wether I have choosen correct graphic card or there are still better than these on line

thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hello Friends,

I really want some suggestion on two graphics card, wel, after exhaustive research I found two graphics card which can play the latest DX 11 and HD games..

1: ATI Radeon HD 5850

2: ATI Radeon HD 5750

My budget is 12 to 15k . Please suggest wether I have choosen correct graphic card or there are still better than these on line

thanks

go with first option. just get a descent power supply, like Corsair VX550W or something like it if u don't wish see your system go up in smoke.

mac555

Broken In
ati is better value for money...and avoid xfx as its distributer is rashi peripherals...msi would be good...but search for the cheapest option...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well......I would suggest to go for ATI and get the MSI HAWK. You can look at Sapphire too. But do avoid CM's Extreme Power series.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well......I would suggest to go for ATI and get the MSI HAWK. You can look at Sapphire too. But do avoid CM's Extreme Power series.

+1 to HAWX. another option is the VapourX series, but pretty useless until & unless you want squeeze out last Mhz out of the GPU & the memory. also price wise, its too high.

rajan1311

Padawan
I have coolermaster extreme 600W psu.. will it will be ok if I run 5850

I had the same PSU some time back....try to sell it, it would go for some Rs2000. Get a decent PSU like the 550VX or something like that (CM GX550 also fine).

anyways, its not wise to get some overclocked/aftermarket cooled cards, the stock cooler is good and you will not gain a lot from extreme overclocking (only synthetics maybe). I would say, get a new PSU, then after a few months, get some cash and get a 5850.

If you need help with selecting the right PSU, please refer this guide

Status
Not open for further replies.