graphics card with dual monitor out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a graphics card with dual monitor out.

it should be able to extend the desktop into two monitos, not just show cloned view on one on the other...

and i want to know the chepest optins available...

use- for an acounting wrk...i need to open and display an execl worksheet on one displauy, another one of second display and tally them...

acewin

Point Blanc
all 8xxx series have 2 outs, VGA and DVI or 2 DVIs.
harry is correct about 8400GS being the cheapest with 2 monitor out

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
8400GS<8600GT and it differs by just 0.5k.... So please suggest atleast a 86GT if sumone asking for budget card around 3k..... (Ask them 2 increase the budget by 500bucks and that'd not a big incr)

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^+1
Even the 7 series cards came with dual display outs.. Almost every card comes with Dual Display out. But one might be VGA and the other could be DVI. It still doesn't matter cuz you can get an adapter to suit your monitor.

acewin

Point Blanc
8400GS<8600GT and it differs by just 0.5k.... So please suggest atleast a 86GT if sumone asking for budget card around 3k..... (Ask them 2 increase the budget by 500bucks and that'd not a big incr)

I am getting 512MB DDR2 8400GS in 2K. gap is 1K, and dual monitor out means RAM quantity(quantity and not just quality) should be little better. so as to keep working 2 monitors simultaneously(before you say anything I already accept 8600GT is better than 8400GS). But any soultion given should not be biased. Everyone is not a gamer.

^+1
Even the 7 series cards came with dual display outs.. Almost every card comes with Dual Display out. But one might be VGA and the other could be DVI. It still doesn't matter cuz you can get an adapter to suit your monitor.

true and most of the older monitors run on VGA so its kinda better to have both and 2 DVIs means benefit of using digital output in monitors if you have DVI port in monitor.

Last edited:
OP
V

vineeth_pulari

Broken In
well..there is a pailit 7200 GS card with a VGA and a DVI out..for 2100Rs

well..is it like..only one out wrks at a time or canu connect two monitors by using a DVi VGA adapter for these kinda cards with one VGA and one dvi

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Any gfx card having two output (DVI or VGA) will work for a dual monitor setup. If you are using crt then use DVI to VGA converter for the DVI output. If you are using lcd display then use VGA to DVI converter for the lcd.
The minimum you should look for would be, 8600GT/HD3650. HD being a bit costly but totally worth it. It costs around 4-5k for the 512mb version.

OP
V

vineeth_pulari

Broken In
Thnks for ur replies.

I brought a XFX 8600GT 512MB for him

He aint a gammer..so i guess no heating issues an stuff..

Its now a powerfull dual monitor setup on vista:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom