Graphics Card Upgrade

harsvp

Broken In
Hi,

I want to upgrade my graphics card. My budget is upto 5K and the card should be able to run most of the games on normal settings at least.

Below is my current setup:

Processor : AMD FX 6300
Graphics card: Sapphire R7 250 1GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 12GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M

Please suggest some options.

Thanks.

mitraark

Decrepit
Hi,

I want to upgrade my graphics card. My budget is upto 5K and the card should be able to run most of the games on normal settings at least.

Below is my current setup:

Processor : AMD FX 6300
Graphics card: Sapphire R7 250 1GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 12GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M

Please suggest some options.

Thanks.
Now is probably the worst time to buy a Graphics Card. Due to the mining craze prices have almost doubled/ you wont get any significant upgrade shelling out 5k over your R7 250 now.

Now is probably the worst time to buy a Graphics Card. Due to the mining craze prices have almost doubled/ you wont get any significant upgrade shelling out 5k over your R7 250 now.
+1
Also not to forget that your PC is very old. A new mid-range GPU might get heavily bottlenecked as well.

This video illustrates my point:
That guy is using a RTX 2080, which is high end but is getting half the performance compared to R5 3600, which isn't even the top gaming CPU.

IMO your best bet might be a used 1050/1050Ti or RX560, along those lines, considering your budget. Forget about gaming at 1080p med 60fps in new titles.

OP
H

harsvp

Broken In
Hey thanks for the info guys.

I see that 1050 & 1050 ti comes with single & dual fans.

Which option is better?

mitraark

Decrepit
2nd Hand GPU market is also doing a mauke pe chauka. 1050ti which used to sell at 6-8k half a year back is now going for 12+k.

Just, wait, unless youre ok with the spending, and dont want to wait.. otherwise i would have consoled myself that the R7 250 can play 720p and should last a few months to see the price trend of GPUs.

OP
H

harsvp

Broken In
I would rather wait for the prices to go down for the 2nd hand ones.

If I happen to buy one later, would installing the card require a technician or can I do it on my own? Because a technician will charge me hefty sums just to install.

If it's easy to install, then what are the steps?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I would rather wait for the prices to go down for the 2nd hand ones.

If I happen to buy one later, would installing the card require a technician or can I do it on my own? Because a technician will charge me hefty sums just to install.

If it's easy to install, then what are the steps?
It is very easy. Just have to push the card gently in the slot, use little bit of force if card doesn't go in the slot. Check youtube video guides for this. If you are going for 1050Ti then you dont even need a cable from PSU since it gets its power from mobo slot.

Top Bottom