Graphics Card recommendation

anonymous

Broken In
Hi all,

About 2 years back, I had requested for a pc configuration at

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/153025-upgrade-buy-new-one.html#post1650843

and had bought the items.

1. motherboard-intel DH67CL
  2. processor- intel i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz
  3. ram- Corsair 8gb ddr3 1333mhz
  4. monitor- Viewsonic 19" LED 1366 x 768
  5. cooler master smps 400w with circle cabinet

I am using win7 -64bit

I was able to play crysis2, farcry3, call of duty without any issues. But when i played NFS-The run, the pc started lagging drastically.

Now can you guys recommened a good graphics adapter
which is future proof for atleast5 years- I should be able to play crysis 3,NFS,etc at good resolution without lagging.

OP
A

anonymous

Broken In
I cannot upgrade anything other than get a new graphics card. Will the 9k one mentioned above GTX-750 work with my motherboard and is the smps good enough for that?

I was searching flipkart and I found this ,

*www.flipkart.com/zotac-nvidia-gefo...650+&ref=f5e7d610-4866-4db4-b688-6277b6d3e319

I don't know if this is ok and it will fit the motherboard,etc...

I serious doubt that :( . You can get the HD 7770@7.7k and Antec vp450p @2.6 if you can extend till 10.4 or get the HD 7750@6.5k and it will be 9.2k

Shiva

OP
A

anonymous

Broken In
Hi Shiva, thanks for reply but i dont' want to buy a fan too...only a good graphic card for max 8k.

- - - Updated - - -

Can somebody suggest a card which will work with my existing board,ram,smps, etc which can be good enough for atleast 4 to 5 yrs?

masterkd

Padawan
One thing I like to point out here. Many people don't understand power supply is the core thing for a system. Cleaner/better power system increases performance/life/longivity of a system. If your add a graphics card that will inturn increase the load of the system. All the people here suggesting you to change the power supply because the increased load of a graphics card might destroy your power supply. That inturn might destroy other components as well and you might have to spend a huge amount to buy a new system. So before you purchase a graphics card please wait and save till your budget can accommodate a power supply. Then buy the both and game with peace of your mind.

OP
A

anonymous

Broken In
good grief sub standard cards :(, what a shame, i bought this system in 2012 and its already old to include graphic card , damn, i am dejected.

good grief sub standard cards :(, what a shame, i bought this system in 2012 and its already old to include graphic card , damn, i am dejected.
Don't feel bad... the member may not have directed you to buy a better PSU ... or may be because at that time the GPU weren't that much so... follow others in my opinion ...

OP
A

anonymous

Broken In
well, what can i do with the old psu then?

Will the one suggested above + the graphic card suggested above fit on my motherboard? I dont want to buy something and then find that it is not compatible with mine

Is it worth for atleast 5 yrs?

You are having a thunder series or GX series for sure... and its BAD .. looking at the future proofing for 5 years, its not possible for future gen as we don't know the coming technology, but yes the Card will survive for 3-4 years at max with low to medium settings.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
5years is not possible even on the latest hiend cards. Max 2 3 years.

I'd say first get a good PSU. Then get the card. Else you'll risk your whole system with that bad PSU.

5years is not possible even on the latest hiend cards. Max 2 3 years.

I'd say first get a good PSU. Then get the card. Else you'll risk your whole system with that bad PSU.

Reg GPU.

Have belief bro. 3yr user of GT210. You can dial down the graphics as new games come. No need for max setting on each game na?? :) That way each GPU will last3-4 yrs. after that things will be unplayable :)

Shiva

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yeah. I was a user of gt520 on 1024x768. I have the idea. But there should be a minimum standard of gfx. That's why I'll keep some good settings and make my GPU last max 2 3 years..

Top Bottom