Graphics card question

slashragnarok

In the zone
Hi,

Today I wanna ask you all a very basic question. What parameters constitute the differences between two graphics cards?

Say HD 6950(2 GB) and HD 6970(2 GB). As far as I'm aware there exist the following differences:

Core clock speed
Memory clock speed
Number of shaders

Does this mean that if I can take a 6950 and overclock the core and memory and unlock the extra shaders present on the 6970, then there will remain no difference between the two cards?

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Does this mean that if I can take a 6950 and overclock the core and memory and unlock the extra shaders present on the 6970, then there will remain no difference between the two cards?

Yes that's true. 6950 is a decent card, get the the TFII/OC edition or better the TFIII Hawk (Power Edition). They both are very good cards.

d3p

PowerHouse
not all 6950 can be unlocked to 6970. Moreover tweak the factory settings will make your card to lose the valuable warranty. So IMO don't try it the very next day you get the cards.

sukesh1090

Adam young
yes as said by d3p5kor not all of the 6950 unlocked to 6970.and it is not encouraged to do that as it is against their warranty policy and you will lose your warranty.so get 6950 or 6970 if budget permits,both are very good cards and can handle all the recent games easily.

Top Bottom