Graphics card in USA for Rs. 6000-8000

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
Guys , I have a friend in USA who will be visiting me at November. I would like to ask him to bring me a Graphics card. So kindly suggest me what range of cards (NVIDIA/ATI) can one get in USA (including shipping) in the price range of Rs. 6-8K.

The best I can get in India in this range is 7600GS. I should get something better than this from USA, maybe an overclocked version of 7600GT?

Also let me know how many days does it take to ship in USA?

rajas

In the zone
Chk here: Graphics Cards @ Dell normally ships in 24Hrs.(in Americas ofcourse).
*accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&category_id=5406&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=anav

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
^^ That Dell site is crap. Sonme of the graphics cards are priced twice of what they should be. I suggest you stick to reputed e-tailers like Newegg and Tigerdirect.

Rs. 8000 is approx $173 so you can get a better card than the 7600GT.

I suggest you get the Asus X1950Pro for $165.

If you don't manage to get that then settle for a 7600GT.

It shouldn't take more than 3 days to ship this card.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
Guys...thank you all for prompt reply :)

However I am looking for more answers :D so others please give me your suggestions

One more thing, if I go for XFX then will I get warranty in India ? :confused:

I have decided to go for this or this...what do you think ?
After some research I found out Tigerdirect.com to be a good site...any other suggestion in this price range ?

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
royal said:
Guys...thank you all for prompt reply :)

However I am looking for more answers :D so others please give me your suggestions

One more thing, if I go for XFX then will I get warranty in India ? :confused:

I have decided to go for this...what do you think ?
After some research I found out Tigerdirect.com to be a good site...any other suggestion in this price range ?

i would say u have not taken an excellent decision, the card that drvarunmehta suggested is a good card, or u can get a 7900GS in that range, which will also be a good choice. but still prefer ASUS EAX1950PRO over others.

here's a evga 7900GS
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130056

a good option but a little costlier, performance wise, both cards should be nearly same. So if u like nVidia or somthing, u might get this as well.

yeah an another thing, if u are getting a 7600GT, then there's a good MSI 7600GT out there, with excellent cooling, just look for it, It'll be better than the XFX card u pointed out.
the core clock is 580, just search around if it's there.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
2950Pro should beat the crap out of a 7900GS which is lower than a 7900GT. 1950Pro is almost like/like a 1900xt 256 performance wise.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Yeah but he has to be really lucky to get that X1950Pro. As soon as Newegg gets some in stock, it gets sold out. At that price why wouldn't it?

Unless you're really lucky to get it you'll have to settle for a 7900GS.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
drvarunmehta said:
Yeah but he has to be really lucky to get that X1950Pro. As soon as Newegg gets some in stock, it gets sold out. At that price why wouldn't it?

Unless you're really lucky to get it you'll have to settle for a 7900GS.

yeah its out of stock :(

so maybe I'll have to settle for 7900GS...one thing though, the evga 7900GS has lower Memory clock and Core clock than XFX 7600GT XXX. However it has more PixelPipelines ... I just wanted to know whether there will be some appreciable difference in performance between these two ? :confused:

And Kniwor, is this what you were referring to ?
Could you please clarify exactly how this is better than the XFX one ?

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
yeah that's the one, it has better cooling, and will overclock better, if u are an overclocker, it does not matter what speed card u purchase, a 560,580 or 590, just look at the cooling, since the core is the same, it does not matter, also the MSI card has VIVO, so I'd say it's much preferable....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom